Minnkota terrova pedal problem?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Minnkota terrova pedal problem?

Post by 1lastcast »

I seem to be having a problem with the heel/toe steering on my foot pedal? heel works toe nothing???? the motor is fine as it works in auto and left right on the pedal works also :?

Anyone else have this happen? Thought id ask befor taking it into the dealer :cry:
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

If the terrova is electric steer it might be as simple as a contact that needs cleaning.

John
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I second what Seabass said. Mine has a small piece of paper pushed in at the right spot to apply more pressure to make a good contact. Take it apart and you will see that's they are fairly easy to understand as long as the problem is not with the actual Printed circuit card.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

After removing the pedal and looking closer at the unit. Im not sure why but for some reason the with all my weight on the toe. The pedal bottoms out. My understanding of how this control works. Is when one of the contacts moves away from the circit board. The unit responds.

I think if i remove a small amount of the plastic from the bottom of the pedal toe area. It should allow the rear contact to fully release from the circit?

With me luck :?
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
lifeisfun
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by lifeisfun »

Before you'll do that why don't you check warranty status on your unit ?
Warranty should be 3 years.