bilge pump 3 way?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

bilge pump 3 way?

Post by 1lastcast »

I have a 18'legend xcal. The bilge is factory switched to a on/off rocker on the dash/helm. My question is: what would be the cheapest, easiest way to convert this to a 3 way bilge?

I know there are float switches that can be installed to convert the bilge to auto. But Id like to have the manual switch if needed? I also dont want to install a large after market switch on the dash panel.
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

i would buy the bilge with the float, then go to a Legend dealer to see if they have a 3 way replacement switch. another option is to wire the present switch to be on auto when in the off position.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

OK after looking online. I think my best option is to purchase a new pump with a built in auto switch. Now to find a 3 way rocker to replace my switch.

Is it possible that the currant bilge is in fact a auto bilge wired to a on/off switch? :oops:
"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

if it is, it would have a float on the bottom of the pump. it may be already an auto bilge wired to come on automatically. mine is like that from factory(princecraft). in auto mode there needs to be a fair amount of water for it to come on.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

just checked Legend website, the new xcalibers come with auto bilge