Warning - Beware of Mechanics at Orleans Boat World

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

moonshine gets a discount from Orleans boat world i guess or he doesn't mind being ripped off! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

fishin mission wrote:moonshine gets a discount from Orleans boat world i guess or he doesn't mind being ripped off! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
actually, i don't trust anyone to do work on my treasured toys. i do it all myself. cause if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. 8)
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
Daner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Daner »

Don't get Moonshine mad, you won't see any Lake Trout Trophies again!!! :cry:

You should all leave this post alone and end it.
This is a business that made a mistake and needs to live with it.
Further bad ads will not help the situation.
End it! :evil:
A Fish a Day, will keep the Blues away!
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

This is a business that made a mistake and needs to live with it.
Further bad ads will not help the situation.
I don't have any experience with this dealer but I have to disagree with the above statement. I think negative things like this can sometimes help a business or company. A good business or company could take something like this and use it as an opportunity to turn things around(Look at Toyota and there response to there bad publicity). If I was in business and wanted to stay in business I would look at this as a chance to make some changes and really focus on working with customers to do anything I could to listen to there concerns and try to turn things around. I hate when I hear things like this about any business but I am always impressed by the places that do everything they can to make the customer happy and try to clear up problems. Maybe the person who started this post went about it all wrong but I would have to say the dealer may have been wrong in his response on this forum also. I hope these folks can work this out and that we can hear about some positive feedback about this dealer and also any others that go above and beyond.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

moonshine wrote:
Andy_L wrote:
moonshine wrote:. oh and lazy too. an engineer should have been able to change his own friggin' belt. :roll:
holy geez Moonshine....could you have made more of an effort to be totally ignorant with that comment??
it's quite obvious Andy that YOU are quite ignorant cause you don't even understand the meaning of the word. Rude and straight to the point? Yes! Ignorant? I should say not!!
LMAO....yup...you got me...nuts, another one knows I'm the ignorance king :D

Rude and to the point huh? well I'll give you credit on the rude part. But making blanket statements that just because someone is an engineer that they should have done their own service??? lol you're right of course...thats not ignorant, :shock: its straight to the point :D
SixStringHack
Participant
Participant

Post by SixStringHack »

fishmaster wrote: I don't have any experience with this dealer but I have to disagree with the above statement. I think negative things like this can sometimes help a business or company. A good business or company could take something like this and use it as an opportunity to turn things around(Look at Toyota and there response to there bad publicity). If I was in business and wanted to stay in business I would look at this as a chance to make some changes and really focus on working with customers to do anything I could to listen to there concerns and try to turn things around. I hate when I hear things like this about any business but I am always impressed by the places that do everything they can to make the customer happy and try to clear up problems. Maybe the person who started this post went about it all wrong but I would have to say the dealer may have been wrong in his response on this forum also. I hope these folks can work this out and that we can hear about some positive feedback about this dealer and also any others that go above and beyond.
I agree.

After taking delivery of my boat after purchase at OBW, I had a list of what I considered to be issues with the purchase of the boat and the subsequent events that occurred when I arranged to bring the boat back to have the issues dealt with. I made an appointment with Marc and sat with him in his office for 45 minutes giving my honest impression of what I had experienced. I explained right off that I was not trying to hold a bitch session and that I was hoping that my feedback would be useful in some way in improving the fairly new dealership. He listened and took notes and I think that at least some of my concerns/suggestions were acted on. Both OBW owners still greet when they see me and I relish the opportunity to verbally abuse Myles whenever I run into him at the dealership or the mall. I can't say enough about the service, advice, suggestions and information that Lorne has provided in the past 3 years. I don't know if they are the best dealership in the area (as I haven't been a customer of all of them), but my experiences indicate they are NOT as bad as some posters in this thread have indicated.

I should note that several of my delivery and post delivery issues had to do with the fact that my hull was leftover unsold new stock and had been outfitted with a couple of motors over the years in the showroom and some parts had been scavenged off of it as it sat unsold. This boat was originally delivered to G&G Lalonde, so I have no way of knowing who did what to the boat during the time that it was at the dealership(s). It is one of the last rivetted Lowes to be delivered before they switched to welded hulls.
moonshine
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by moonshine »

I am sure that all dealers have had unhappy customers at one point. As long as there are humans performing the tasks, there is a margin of error. Everyone makes a mistake once in a while and it's all part of the learning process.
Fisherman are the biggest liars.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

I have nothing but good things to say about OBW, anytime I have been in there they had what I was looking for and eager to serve. Never needed any work done on my boat yet though.
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Colin_M
Participant
Participant

OBW

Post by Colin_M »

My only experience with OBW was three years ago when I brought in my Honda 8 HP outboard for servicing. Was told it would take about two weeks.

Called at 2-1/2 weeks and, after the gentleman who answered the telephone checked the status, was informed that it had been taken it apart and that they were waiting for carb parts.

After 4 weeks, I called back and was told by a tech that they had not yet looked at it. Went to the shop and, sure enough, they had not touched it.

I spoke to the manager on duty and was basically told that they would get to it whenever the "real" work permitted (I took that to mean work on the big, expensive boats)

When I explained that this was extremely poor service and asked what they were prepared to do to make up for the way I was treated. Nothing, I'd just have to wait I took the motor and left, half expecting that the manager would call to apologize. Nada.

This is one establishment that will never get my business.
MuskieWannabe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by MuskieWannabe »

I don't have 2 cents for OBW, but I go to MLS, an avid fisherman and someone who is on this site quite often, and I am more than pleased with everything he has been able to do for me. Figured I would throw in a good thing for one of our local mechanics.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: OBW

Post by Bass Addict »

Colin_M wrote:My only experience with OBW was three years ago when I brought in my Honda 8 HP outboard for servicing. Was told it would take about two weeks.

Called at 2-1/2 weeks and, after the gentleman who answered the telephone checked the status, was informed that it had been taken it apart and that they were waiting for carb parts.

After 4 weeks, I called back and was told by a tech that they had not yet looked at it. Went to the shop and, sure enough, they had not touched it.

I spoke to the manager on duty and was basically told that they would get to it whenever the "real" work permitted (I took that to mean work on the big, expensive boats)

When I explained that this was extremely poor service and asked what they were prepared to do to make up for the way I was treated. Nothing, I'd just have to wait I took the motor and left, half expecting that the manager would call to apologize. Nada.

This is one establishment that will never get my business.
And the beat goes on and on and on
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

my only experience with OBW as far as service goes is that they really made an attempt to resolve what they messed up in the first place. I was fine with the resolution but it was something that should not have happened.

And I also am quite happy with the service I get from Mike at MLS.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

MuskieWannabe wrote:I don't have 2 cents for OBW,

And the beat goes on and on and on................
cgates
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by cgates »

I love it when someone buys a boat car truck what ever it is and one thing goes wrong it the dealers falt yes they may not have put it back together and you noticed something wrong on the water maybe you should have checked it be for you left OBW they are one of the best around and have come along way since they were GGlalonde
TBM
Participant
Participant

Post by TBM »

OBW should continue to be trusted and respected. If one is looking for consistent perfection, you're not going to find it anywhere so don't use that yard stick. Excellence and trying their best, that's more reasonable and that has been my experience with OBW. I'm sure that there are plenty of boat owners who have dealt with OBW but are not in this forum who would substantiate that. My personal experience with OBW from the boat searching, purchasing, closing the deal and post sale service have been very enjoyable. Myles gives you more than your typical sales rep openly offering sound advice and has a hard work ethic such as staying after hours to make sure I was happy with the service. Lorne has piped in on numerous occasions to explain and chat about boats and motors. I'm not saying other marinas and dealers won't do the same. In my opinion, OBW is as good as any reputable dealer you can find.