Great news from Navionics!

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Great news from Navionics!

Post by wallyandre »

Big news in the Canadian fishing world!! Navionics is now in the process of updating the Canadian map chips with SonarCharts.Looks like we are finally going to get some quality map coverage for Canadian waters
Navionics has released SonarCharts in Canada as of this week, you can log sonar upload them to Navionics they will then update the Mapping, if you have a Hotmaps Platinum or Nav + chip you can then download this new data via Freshest Data to your chip. If you buy a new chip listed above it comes with a one year free subscription to Freshest Data, if you have an older chip listed above you can but Freshest data for a year for 50% of MSRP.
Navionics just launched SonarCharts for Canada. This is the static layer which means now all the lakes that we currently have are now available in one foot contours on the fish n chip layer. the dynamic launch will be end of this month. That is where your sonar logs update those lakes with new data, corrected data, or create mapping on new lakes. All of this is free with purchase of Navionics Platinum charts or Nav+ or Nav Update. Just be sure to register the chart and then update to see the changes. Send in as many as you want so that all can have better mapping. No need to single sound a lake (unless you want to) have friends help and bang it out in no time, then all update their charts and get the new contours. This is also able to be viewed on our mobile app under the Nav+ in app purchase. Canada isn't ready yet on mobile but should be soon as well. Pretty soon, the whole world.
Last edited by wallyandre on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ady
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Gret news from Navionics!

Post by ady »

Any news on if and when lowrance sonar logs will be supported? Until then i guess this is just for the humingbird/garmin guys
rex.stpierre
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rex.stpierre »

What effect will this have for navionics on my cell phone?
I purchased it a month ago for 14.99$.
This year I spent most of my money on beer, women and fishing...the rest I wasted.
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyandre »

What effect will this have for navionics on my cell phone?
I purchased it a month ago for 14.99$.
Nothing change for now for the mobile App.
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyandre »

ady wrote:Any news on if and when lowrance sonar logs will be supported? Until then i guess this is just for the humingbird/garmin guys
No news on that but if you got a chip that is eligible for updates and you are a Lowrance user you're chip will add all the logs that the HB & Garmin users are uploading.
cabodirt
Participant
Participant

Re: Great news from Navionics!

Post by cabodirt »

this all sounds great if only I could get get my navionics + card to load anything at all!! Navionics tech help have not responded to my e-mails in over a week, tried on three different computers and no luck at all. Begining to think I made a big mistake on buying this new chip.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Cabodirt: If you are using outlook express for you browser, try google chrome instead. I was having trouble loading updates at home until I tried that, then all was good.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyandre »

Watch this, maybe it will help a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CEPmK0jmKM
cabodirt
Participant
Participant

Post by cabodirt »

thanks for the advice guys I have watched the vidio and it shows how it should look alright but not realy much help. My laptop runs both internet explorer and fire fox as browzers I will try chrome when I get a chance. Still havnt heard anything from Navionics other than thay will be looking into it. Thanks again
cabodirt
Participant
Participant

Post by cabodirt »

heard back from navionics with an apology for not responding soner. Supplied them with more info as requested hopfully I can get this sorted out soon.