Aluminum Welding

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Nickjazz
Participant
Participant

Aluminum Welding

Post by Nickjazz »

Hi all,

After an unpleasant experience with a local marina ($140 to adjust some bolts on a roller and apply the equivalent of JB weld to patch a leak, which fell off after one trip), I managed to track down a guy who was willing to weld aluminum for a reasonable price. He completely repaired the keel, which was badly cracked, and capped it off with some marine sealant. Boat's been bone dry ever since. If you have a leaky aluminum boat, I definitely recommend giving him a shout- call Sam at 613-697-3115.

Nick

P.S. Will post a pic of our duck blind when we set it up this weekend... should be impressive.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Aluminum Welding

Post by smitty55 »

Sounds like lousy work at first. Perhaps you could name the marina and save someone else the hassle and wasted coin.
Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Nickjazz
Participant
Participant

Post by Nickjazz »

Hm, I would- I did file a better business bureau complaint as well as posting a Google review. However, I think they sponsor this site so I don't know if naming them would be kosher... The patch job wasn't the only issue that we encountered.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

lol,

After stating they are a board sponsor, you don't have to say too much!

Adam
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I read the review and totally agree with you Nick. That is very poor customer service and a lot of coin spent. Pretty sad that they would even attempt to repair a keel with epoxy and to return the engine as repaired when it wasn't is even worse. And when he said he would post a review of you as a customer, well that really takes the cake. Pretty sad that a business would operate like this.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter