Anyone Buying The Vexilar / Navionics?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Anyone Buying The Vexilar / Navionics?

Post by MLR »

What's your thoughts on this ?

I can see it working fine for a smart phone, but too much glare on iPad screens.

It will be interesting to see how this product evolves over the next couple of years

http://www.sonarphone.mobi/pages/navionics
Christian Gervais
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Anyone Buying The Vexilar / Navionics?

Post by Christian Gervais »

I have the T-Box and I can tell you that it is very easy to install and works great. And having gps/sonar on your cell phone/tablet makes it very versatile. YOu can use it in your friends boat and mark your own waypoints on the map or use it as a sonar with the t-box.
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Yakster »

Just got mine last week. ..looking forward to trying it out.
I plan on using it with a 10" tablet in a waterproof case that has a anti glare shield mounted all mounted on a Ram Mount.
Might not be as good as the 3500$ set ups but it looks like it will do what I need....and if the fishing is that bad I can sit back and watch a movie on the tablet!
clint
Participant
Participant

Post by clint »

Does anyone else have anything good or bad to ad to this? Thought this might be an economical upgrade to my bare bones humminbird. I was given an old lowrance globalmap 3500 that I was going to use but the t box seems to be comparable in price to the new gps puck I'd need for the Lowrance unit.
Mike586
Participant
Participant

Post by Mike586 »

Its pretty cool but for my boat I've been thinking of replacing my acting up unit with a Humminbird Helix. It's kind of ironic, the Helix is better all the way around and about $200 cheaper than my old one was.

One of those little units would be awesome for the Kayak I'm planning on buying though.
Muskie23
Participant
Participant

Post by Muskie23 »

I've got a vexilar for phone for sale, if you're interested. A year old, bought another to install on the boat. PM me.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Ive only used mine for ice fishing with the kids using an iPad for display. Yakster has it down pat - we ended up watching Boxtrolls and drinking hot cocoa :D