princecraft

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Spinelli
Participant
Participant

princecraft

Post by Spinelli »

hey everyone I am looking to get a princecraft holiday dlx and I was just curious what all your opinions were and if anyone of you know any pros/cons to that boat and any info on it could be really appreciated, thanks!!!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: princecraft

Post by lape0019 »

What type of fishing do you do?

It's a nice looking boat but depending on the type of fishing, it may not suite your needs.

I bass fish so seeing that it barely has a rear casting deck, would be a deal breaker for me. Some of those types of boats come with a casting deck that flips up and is two passenger seats. If that is possible with this model, I would be good.

It honestly looks like a great boat for a lot of things including bringing the family for a ride. I have a bass tracker with three seats. It's great to fish out of but isn't the greatest for my family of four.

Have you thought of the electronics that you would be putting on it?
It looks like it's about a 17' boat so a 55lb thrust trolling motor would be smallest I would consider. Anything higher than 55 would mean two deep cycle batteries. Just know that an underpowered trolling motor has really played with my fishing capabilities. I was fine on max power in regular conditions but if the wind picked up, I had no boat control. Upgraded to an 80 and it was like night and day.

A good fishfinder with GPS is great to have. It is a factory upgrade but if you want to save some money and are a little handy, ask to have the one that comes with it removed and buy a good one and install it yourself. Many dealers/boat manufacturers charge a lot for install these things. Take your time and install it yourself and you can save a lot of money.

A lot of people will say max the Hp of the boat. I have a boat that is almost 50% underpowered and honestly didn't mind it until last year. My top speed was respectable but now I am wanting more. Plus, if I was maxed out, my top speed could be my cruising speed with less rpms. This would also lead to better fuel economy.

Good luck with your purchase! I would love to buy a new boat this year but that will just have to wait a few more years.

Adam.
Spinelli
Participant
Participant

Post by Spinelli »

thanks a lot adam for your thoughts I will consider them the more I look into this boat
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Roblin »

I bought a Starfish DLX BT which is now a Resorter about 5 years ago. Great boat. I bass and walleye fish and is works well for both. It's the same style as the Holiday but narrower. You can't go wrong the the Holiday. The only consideration might be whether you want a console or not. I just fish so I went with the tiller. A tiller gives you more floor room and puts you at the stern if your using down riggers or towing a drift bag. If your going to tour or tow a water toy you'd probably like the console. Doesn't look like the Holiday comes in a back troll so you'd have to go to a Nanook which a a large casting deck. Either would be great boats. Good luck with your choice.
Gregger
Participant
Participant

Post by Gregger »

I looked at the Holiday DLX with a 60hp a couple years back. Nice boat and the price was right where I could outfit it well. I ended up with a SuperPro with 115. Much like Adam mentioned about rear cast deck.. I'm not a huge caster but it's real nice to have the ability there. And flip up seating is a blessing. There may be seat bases in the rear but good luck using them. (Try it)
Also the wide gunnels are very handy for mounting rod holders and downriggers (I salmon fish often)
If you cast, get the best electric motor you can. You won't regret it.

My uncle told me years ago "if you want a fast boat, buy a fast boat. Don't buy a boat and try to make it fast"
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm...
ryan winter
Participant
Participant

Post by ryan winter »

I bought a brand new Princecraft Holiday last summer. I have the 75 hp motor. windshield, equipped it with and 1198 humminbird, and an I pilot minn Kota. I use it for fishing and tubing and waterskiing etc..... I have nothing I can say about the boat that I would change. Its a great boat. There is a lot of room, so you can fish comfortably with 3 guys. The driver seat is high so when you drive you can see down into the water which is somehting I didnt like about of the other boats. I found some of the other boats I sat in felt like you where sitting lower. So all in all I would say you cannot go wrong.
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

I'd look at a polar craft, they are as good as any and the price point is much better than most,
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

Not a deep V boat so rough water could make for a rough and scary ride.