Some upgrades

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
B-Nads
Participant
Participant

Some upgrades

Post by B-Nads »

I managed to score a sweet deal on a kicker this weekend for my Smokercraft Resorter 16. It has an onboard tank and a 40 2-stroke injected Merc main, but I wanted to get something quieter and easier on gas for musky trolling (this boat is a 2 - 3 year project that will get sold to move to something bigger). I missed out on a nice chance for a Honda 5hp on the Pullers forum, but found a elder gentleman selling a 4hp Yammy 4-stroke in Montreal - 2003, mint condition, 3 gas cans and two brand new spare props - landed it for 6 bills. Problem is, it is a short shaft, and sets up too shallow, so I then had to address the height issue. Luckily, my buddy Gary at the marine shop here in Lachute had sweet mechanical kicker mount that he had removed from a client's boat - the guy's kicker gave out and he wanted it off his boat. I picked it up for $50. All I'll need to thrown on there now is a tiller extension and hook onto the gas line, and she's good to go. Will post some pics later.