Anyone had dealings with this guy??

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
gymee
Participant
Participant

Re: Anyone had dealings with this guy??

Post by gymee »

I found him….he is still working. nmar.ca

He seems willing to make it right. We'll see how it goes.
Woodsman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Woodsman »

smitty55 wrote:That's a real shame. At the very least report him to the BBB. You could also post on OOD and OFC to warn others about this guy

Cheers
What many don't realize is that the BBB is not an independent consumer protection organization.
It is an organization ran by a group of business owners as members.
They have no authority over non members and they most they can do to members is to suspend them from the BBB but that would also mean the BBB would lose the membership fees in the future of suspended members.
The BBB operates for the members benefit not the consumers.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

Woodsman wrote:
smitty55 wrote:That's a real shame. At the very least report him to the BBB. You could also post on OOD and OFC to warn others about this guy

Cheers
What many don't realize is that the BBB is not an independent consumer protection organization.
It is an organization ran by a group of business owners as members.
They have no authority over non members and they most they can do to members is to suspend them from the BBB but that would also mean the BBB would lose the membership fees in the future of suspended members.
The BBB operates for the members benefit not the consumers.
I have had great success with BBB and have never sensed any bias whatsoever in my dealings with them, weather the business i was going after was a member or not a memeber. In all three cases that I have taken to them in the last 5 years, all three were settled very quickly.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

gymee wrote:I found him….he is still working. nmar.ca

He seems willing to make it right. We'll see how it goes.

You do whatever you like, but I for one wouldn't take my boat
ANYWHERE NEAR that incompetent a$$hole!!!! :evil: :evil:

If it was mine I would take it to someone RELIABLE, and back-charge
it to that clown, only trouble is, you'd probably never see a dime from
him, even if you win a judgement from small claims court. :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
sharkman2020
Participant
Participant

Post by sharkman2020 »

Hi folks,

I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

I just got defrauded by this guy and I am building a case to take to the police and filing a complaint under the Ontario Consumer Protection Act. He was supposed to change the carpeting in my boat and replace the floor plywood with resin covered pressure treated wood. He glued new carpet right on top of old carpet and for the floor ripped out some of the old marine plywood and replaced them with regular plywood and some places just kept the old rotting wood and covered it with vinyl. He also didn't use aluminum screws as we had agreed. He tried to cover everything up. I caught him red handed and he still wouldn't admit it. Both him and his wife were involved in misleading and misrepresentation.

Anyone else here who has been defrauded, please contact me. It will be a much stronger case. I've lost about $2,000 to this guys plus he has damaged my boat, but more importantly the guy shouldn't be allowed to do this to people. This is no different than the roofing guys in Ottawa who defrauded home owners and who were charged. I just need to show that this is not an isolated case.

I've shown his work to one of the guys from Laurentian Marine and I'm sending my boat there for repairs. I will be collecting evidence from my boat, but should you wish to share your evidence that would also be helpful.

I will be collecting evidence for civil actions, but what he has done is considered false, misleading or deceptive representation under the Ontario's Consumer Protection Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A. (https://www.ontario.ca/page/your-rights ... #section-1). There are other possible approaches to take and that is why I am gathering evidence.

Please contact me via email at arash.shah at gmail dot com or through this site.

Also, if you know of any other sites where his activities have been flagged, please let me know so that I can reach out to other victims.

Thanks

Arash
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

sharkman2020 wrote:Hi folks,

I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

I just got defrauded by this guy and I am building a case to take to the police and filing a complaint under the Ontario Consumer Protection Act. He was supposed to change the carpeting in my boat and replace the floor plywood with resin covered pressure treated wood. He glued new carpet right on top of old carpet and for the floor ripped out some of the old marine plywood and replaced them with regular plywood and some places just kept the old rotting wood and covered it with vinyl. He also didn't use aluminum screws as we had agreed. He tried to cover everything up. I caught him red handed and he still wouldn't admit it. Both him and his wife were involved in misleading and misrepresentation.

Anyone else here who has been defrauded, please contact me. It will be a much stronger case. I've lost about $2,000 to this guys plus he has damaged my boat, but more importantly the guy shouldn't be allowed to do this to people. This is no different than the roofing guys in Ottawa who defrauded home owners and who were charged. I just need to show that this is not an isolated case.

I've shown his work to one of the guys from Laurentian Marine and I'm sending my boat there for repairs. I will be collecting evidence from my boat, but should you wish to share your evidence that would also be helpful.

I will be collecting evidence for civil actions, but what he has done is considered false, misleading or deceptive representation under the Ontario's Consumer Protection Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 30, Sched. A. (https://www.ontario.ca/page/your-rights ... #section-1). There are other possible approaches to take and that is why I am gathering evidence.

Please contact me via email at arash.shah at gmail dot com or through this site.

Also, if you know of any other sites where his activities have been flagged, please let me know so that I can reach out to other victims.

Thanks

Arash
I'll jump in on this!!!!! :shock: :shock: I still have photographic and tangible evidence of the fraudulent job he did on my transom. :evil: :evil:

He's a definite shyster for sure!! He's still operating, just changed his company name to 'nmar.com', listed his address as *** Inverness Ave,
when it's actually 1 Bowmoor Ave. (he's right on the corner), and I'd love to see him taken down and held accountable. I'm certain there
are plenty more who've been defrauded by this a$$hat, and I hope lots more will come forward!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

BTW, he continues to post numerous ads on Kijiji, obviously doesn't have a conscience or any scruples at all. :roll: :roll: Problem is even if we get
a judgement against this clown we'll likely never see a dime. But it would just be satisfying to see him permanently OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
sharkman2020
Participant
Participant

Post by sharkman2020 »

Glad to hear. I hope others will jump in as-well.
I will pm you to discuss further.

Cyber wrote: I'll jump in on this!!!!! :shock: :shock: I still have photographic and tangible evidence of the fraudulent job he did on my transom. :evil: :evil:

He's a definite shyster for sure!! He's still operating, just changed his company name to 'nmar.com', listed his address as *** Inverness Ave,
when it's actually 1 Bowmoor Ave. (he's right on the corner), and I'd love to see him taken down and held accountable. I'm certain there
are plenty more who've been defrauded by this a$$hat, and I hope lots more will come forward!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

BTW, he continues to post numerous ads on Kijiji, obviously doesn't have a conscience or any scruples at all. :roll: :roll: Problem is even if we get
a judgement against this clown we'll likely never see a dime. But it would just be satisfying to see him permanently OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Have you guys been referred to him?
I still don’t understand why you’d trust a complete stranger working out of his backyard garage to do the work on your boats.
Was the Kijiji add that convincing?
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

sharkman2020 wrote:Glad to hear. I hope others will jump in as-well.

Cyber wrote: I'll jump in on this!!!!! :shock: :shock: I still have photographic and tangible evidence of the fraudulent job he did on my transom. :evil: :evil:

if you can find more victims,you may get him charged under the habitual offender act.,which would be provincial and criminal.
sharkman2020
Participant
Participant

Post by sharkman2020 »

TheMaverick wrote:Have you guys been referred to him?
I still don’t understand why you’d trust a complete stranger working out of his backyard garage to do the work on your boats.
Was the Kijiji add that convincing?
It wasn't the Kijiji add. He referred me to Larentian Marine to get the material. They knew him and I asked them about him. They said he buys a from them often and people seem to go to him. He had 3 boats and 2 jet skis in his driveway. None of the neighbours seemed to care that he was doing that. It's a nice neighbourhood. When he talked he said all the right things and was seemingly doing the right things. It all went to hell when I started noticing some odd behaviours and finally noticed a hint of untreated wood in a corner under the vinyl. That's when I realized what was going on.

Let's put it this way, I am guilty of mistrusting the guy and being duped. I know I am not going to stop him 100%, but if I can save one other person from this guy, then I've done my part in my community.
sharkman2020
Participant
Participant

Post by sharkman2020 »

PunchRig wrote:
sharkman2020 wrote:Glad to hear. I hope others will jump in as-well.

if you can find more victims,you may get him charged under the habitual offender act.,which would be provincial and criminal.

I hadn't thought of that. I am building a case against him and certainly if anyone on this forum has had experiences with him, I am happy to do the leg-work to get this guy.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

I guess the dick-wad must be feeling a bit of heat!! :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

He's already changed his business name again! now operating under "www.belisama.ca" :roll: :roll:

I can't believe this clown has the gall to keep plastering big fancy ads all over Kijiji, what a moron!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sharkman2020
Participant
Participant

Post by sharkman2020 »

Kijiji took my ad down warning against this guy. I'll put another one up soon. With pictures of his work.

Still looking for anyone willing to tag along to file a jiint police report against this guy. It is important to prevent this guy from damaging other boats or robbing people.
sharkman2020
Participant
Participant

Post by sharkman2020 »

Hi folks,

So I finally got the boat fixed after the fiasco that was Dennis J Doherty.

We got the boat fixed at Laurentian Marine. They did a great job. Really nice guys. So now they are also aware of the kind of work Dennis J Doherty does.

I created a Facebook page showing the damages:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/272789913093477/

I've done quite bit of digging and his business is not registered. I have filings under the Ontario Consumer Protection Act and with the CRA since this guy is collecting taxes without a HST#. His "company" is not registered anywhere which makes him personally liable for damages. Unfortunately he does not own the property where he lives, which means not much to leverage.

I continue to discuss the matter with authorities. My end goal is to stop this guy from damaging any other property.

Shoryuken