sonars and foot pedals

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
loophole
Participant
Participant

sonars and foot pedals

Post by loophole »

At the end of every fishing day I have always made it a habit to pop the sonar out of its holder and disconnect the foot control for the trolling motor. The units are stored indoors until I'm going out fishing again. But I see a number of boats on the lake where the owner leaves everything in place all summer. I'm not overly concerned about theft, my habit of bringing electronics inside when not in use is more to protect them from sun and rain. I figure I'm prolonging the life of both items. Does that make sense or am I being overly cautious unnecessarily?
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: sonars and foot pedals

Post by CNs »

I take mine off.

Doesn't need to bounce around when trailering. and prevents some meth head from trying to steal em
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Mine are both always taken off. I store the boat indoors but it doesn't need the added abuse of the wind and bumps while trailering.
NMG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by NMG »

Mine come off and get stored in the spare bedroom on a nice soft surface, LOL. They also ride in the truck with me on the way home.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

mine are inserted so they don't come off unless you dismantle the dash and shrouds..
when I replace my unit up front to a 900 series, I'll most likely have it on a elevated platform and if I can get away with leaving it ( I'll have to see if the cover allows this) I'll be buying locks for it and it'll stay put.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Mine never come off unless I'm staying at a seedy motel... :lol:

RJ
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Foot pedal can be tucked away out of sight, but all other electronics should come in and get a cleaning before every use. The cleaning part is just my OCD lol.