Sad new for my boat

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Sad new for my boat

Post by FishingFreak13 »

So after my vacation i noticed a noise in my boat. Just got a call back and it was almost as bad as it could get. Lower unit is gone. So we are now in the preliminary search for a new/used lower unit for a 1991 merc 135. If anyone has any info that would be great.

Brian
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Sad new for my boat

Post by Cyber »

Not sure if they interchange or not, but I have a rebuilt
lower unit off a '91 Merc. 90HP I'm willing to part with. :wink:
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
campnfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by campnfish »

Try AIM outboard recyclers off of Carp road. Has supplied me with a lot of parts over the years.
BC FD
Participant
Participant

Post by BC FD »

I blew up the bottom end on my 95 Yamaha 200hp salt water series 2 this summer. I knew at some point there was going to be an issue when I bought the boat. Was hoping to repower with a 4 stroke before it happened. Apparently, that's how my look works cause that didn't happen. I ordered a brand new bottom end from SEI outside Tampa. Had it shipped to Ogdensburg. The unit was $849 US but has good warranty. Shipping was $75 I think. Paid taxes crossing the border.$135? I think I was just over $1300 Canadian. Unit runs very well. Quite happy now. Aim will order you the same unit. I think it was $250 more plus GST. Filled up with fuel in Ogdensburg ,bought a box of Sam Adams and was back home in under 2 hours. I live in Richmond. If you can't find SEI look for Sterndrive Engineering Inc. They say they are the largest supplier of outdrives in the world. The dollar was a little higher when I bought but new is new.
Hope this is a help.
Mitch
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

BC FD wrote:I blew up the bottom end on my 95 Yamaha 200hp salt water series 2 this summer. I knew at some point there was going to be an issue when I bought the boat. Was hoping to repower with a 4 stroke before it happened. Apparently, that's how my look works cause that didn't happen. I ordered a brand new bottom end from SEI outside Tampa. Had it shipped to Ogdensburg. The unit was $849 US but has good warranty. Shipping was $75 I think. Paid taxes crossing the border.$135? I think I was just over $1300 Canadian. Unit runs very well. Quite happy now. Aim will order you the same unit. I think it was $250 more plus GST. Filled up with fuel in Ogdensburg ,bought a box of Sam Adams and was back home in under 2 hours. I live in Richmond. If you can't find SEI look for Sterndrive Engineering Inc. They say they are the largest supplier of outdrives in the world. The dollar was a little higher when I bought but new is new.
Hope this is a help.
Mitch
You won't beat Dave's price ,with the exchange rate,,he can get you an sei,used Merc. or rebuild your case,,AIM Marine,you also should know that 135's came with 2.0 gearsets,not the more common 1.87 found in 150-225's.It helps them get out of the hole quicker,a 1.87 case will cost you a prop change.