mercruy spitfire x 7

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
leanismean
Participant
Participant

mercruy spitfire x 7

Post by leanismean »

i was wondering what experience anyone has had with the original spitfire. I am looking at upgrading my prop form a 12.7 19P black max to? Boat is a crestlinner 1750 fishhawk DC with a mercury 115 4 stroke with 2.07 gearcase WOT RPM @ 6000. There is a new spitfire made of a stainless alloy called merc X 7 that is being hyped up, but price is also hyped up compared to the aluminum spitfire. What have other ppl proped similar boats with, and what where the results? I am looking for overall better performance, but would be 50/50 use between light load fishing, and fully loaded and tubing. My dealer had suggested an Enertia ECO, but mercury prop selector doesnt even include that one in there recommendations. My thought was they want to reduce inventory for that prop because its not selling? Im leaning heavy towards the new spitfire X 7 with same diameter and pitch, but would be a 4 blade stainless. Thanks for any input :D
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: mercruy spitfire x 7

Post by lape0019 »

I can't give you too much info but will say do not compare the aluminum spitfire to the X7 variant. Stainless steel is always more expensive and seeing as this prop was designed specifically for the 75-115 class, it is a prop I am considering quite heavily.

It's a 4 blade so depending on the pitch and load, it should still pull a tube quite well. What I would suggest is go find a prop slip calculator online and enter the information they ask for (speed at wot, rpm, pitch and whatever else they ask for). If your slip is more than 10%, look at a stainless prop and you will gain performance in at minimum top speed. The x7 seems to be good for everything though.
jjcanoe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jjcanoe »

I've got a Crestliner vision 1700 with a 115hp Merc 4 stroke. Similar to the fish hawk in size and weight, here are some #'s I found for my setup, if you search up your combo, there might be some info on different props and test numbers for each. Hope it helps you out.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/ca/per ... s=imperial
2015 Crestliner Vision 1700
115 Mercury 4 stroke
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
bramsey
Participant
Participant

Post by bramsey »

I would suggest a 19 spitfire alum. You aren't going to see more performance between the stainless and the alum on your rig if any. Where the stainless shines is on higher HP and Heavy boats where the blades can flex. I believe you will be very happy with a 19P Spitfire in Alum. It is direct pitch replacement from Black Max to Spitfire. Happy fishing!
Happy Fishing!!

Bramsey