Type of rivets to repair 167 princecraft

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Type of rivets to repair 167 princecraft

Post by gatekeeper »

Been checking online to find out what type of rivets to buy to repair my 1994 Princecraft 167. Rivets are only able to be replaced from outside due to flooring.Any help as to type OR repair places near Prescott would be really appreciated.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Type of rivets to repair 167 princecraft

Post by lape0019 »

From what I've read and see , to properly repair the rivets, you'll need access to both sides of the rivet.

Some people have used panhead bolts and a nut but I would rather to it properly. There is a guy on another board who has doe. This and is in that business but he is closer to Toronto. I'll see if I can find his info and PM you.
Fee
Participant
Participant

Post by Fee »

There is an option to use a solid core rivet and marine caulking. I forget the exact name for the rivet style. Also, I came across this product when I was researching how to replace a broken rivet that was below my boat floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPfPryTRcY4
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

Jam some caulking in the hole and use a "closed end blind" rivet. This should do the job
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures