Minn Kota Talon

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Minn Kota Talon

Post by Jul0682 »

swampdonkey wrote:Like Shawn mentioned, even on a deep V boat you'll be shocked with how high you may have to set it! I have the jackplate mount and it took some adjustments but now you don't even know it's there and they work great you will definitely find it very handy

Yeah really looking forward of trying it out.. I'm sure I'll have to play around with the height for sure..
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Jul0682 wrote:
swampdonkey wrote:Like Shawn mentioned, even on a deep V boat you'll be shocked with how high you may have to set it! I have the jackplate mount and it took some adjustments but now you don't even know it's there and they work great you will definitely find it very handy

Yeah really looking forward of trying it out.. I'm sure I'll have to play around with the height for sure..
Also, it's always good to keep that wrench in the boat, you NEVER know.
I check how tight they are every now and then.
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

ShawnD wrote:
Jul0682 wrote:

Also, it's always good to keep that wrench in the boat, you NEVER know.
I check how tight they are every now and then.
Really good point for sure.. heard a story about out that, guy lots his talon on the way, wasent a good time at all..

Cheers and thanks
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
BassBomb
Participant
Participant

Post by BassBomb »

I get this topic has not had any replies in a while, but instead of jumping into something new....figured I would just ask here.
Where did most of you guys buy your Talons? I know there are a lot of online options to buy and just looking to get the best price.....I know the CDN dollar is in the toilet right now as well, but did anyone go to the US? I've got a Princecraft 172 Sport, new 2014 model I bought last year, and a Talon is the one thing I would like to add.
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

BassBomb wrote:I get this topic has not had any replies in a while, but instead of jumping into something new....figured I would just ask here.
Where did most of you guys buy your Talons? I know there are a lot of online options to buy and just looking to get the best price.....I know the CDN dollar is in the toilet right now as well, but did anyone go to the US? I've got a Princecraft 172 Sport, new 2014 model I bought last year, and a Talon is the one thing I would like to add.
I was going to get it from the states and order it and install it myself my I decided to order it from Orleans boat world and have them install it for me.. I also got the tilt bracket and the sandwich bracket that goes between the motor and the transom as I didn't want to drill holes in my new boat.. :)
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I have them at Paddletales.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken