Linking units together

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Linking units together

Post by Jul0682 »

Seems like a good setup man.. thanks for the info.. still lots of time to figure out everything UT can't wait to hit the water..

Cheers :)
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

So here my other question, I'm thinking of selling my 899 unit and getting another helix 10 unit, I think I can just get the gps version and share all the down imaging and side imaging with my other helix.. is this correct?
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Yes you can with the GPS/sonar unit. You can as well with your 899.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Thanks Ed,
I'll try and go see u next Friday afternoon and get the cables to link my units together and maybe get a few tackle while I'm there.. thanks for all the help Ed.. much appreciated.

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

How much will I be looking into for cables and all to link my two units.. I'll save up this year and next winter I'll think about upgrading to another helix..

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Depending on length of Ethernet, I'm thinking $120.00ish for the dongles and cable. I'm at home right now so don't have the exact pricing. As to what the tackle costs you....that's up to you. lol
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

That's awesome thanks Ed :) really appreciate it alot and atleast it give pm me an idea to what it's going to cost..

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Got another question for yah guys... just went on the water today to try everything out and my 899 works great side imaging and sonar works great but my helix in front I got nothing for side imaging and sonar is barely visible. And I don't even have my lake master map in front either. .. I am missing something in he programing or did I miss a wire somewhere?

Thanks for all the help guys..
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

So here's how I wired everything up..

Connected my 899 with the ycable with both my si and standard 2d sonar from the rear of the boat
Connect the 899 ethernet cable to the hub
Got power to the hub and every unit of course..
Got the ethernet cable from the hub to my helix at the bow
Got my minn kota ulterra ethernet cable connected to the hub
Got the minn kota transducer connected to my helix

And that's pretty much it.. am I missing something?

Thanks everybody
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

You need to check operating systems on both units. Go to the system check page(I think that's what it's called)You may need to activate that page in your views. Both units need to have the same operating system. ie if your helix 10 is a 6.02, then the 899 needs to be around the same number. If your units are registered at Humminbird, you can get the updates there. If you are close to me with the boat swing by and I'll have a look. They also need to be set up in the network section. Hit menu twice and I believe it's the tab to the far right.

Ed
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

Was excatly thinking about you when I was wondering what was going on.. almost called u at store as well.. I'll look into it tomorrow and I'll post back my results. ..

Thanks a million Ed
Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
PunchRig
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by PunchRig »

Jul0682 wrote:I've looked alot on YouTube and Internet and haven't found anything for mounting the transducer on the ulterra but found separate brackets that u can mount the transducers.. if u find something if u don't mind to link it, that would be awesome ..

Thanks
www.fishingspecialties.com ,I use one of these with my HDS Touch,LSS1 and xi5 Motorguide,,Mark will custom build it for any length or transducer you want.,plus it gets it independant of the motor, and can't get tangled,puts the transducer under the bow,instead of 20' behind you.
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

PunchRig wrote:
Jul0682 wrote:I've looked alot on YouTube and Internet and haven't found anything for mounting the transducer on the ulterra but found separate brackets that u can mount the transducers.. if u find something if u don't mind to link it, that would be awesome ..

Thanks
http://www.fishingspecialties.com ,I use one of these with my HDS Touch,LSS1 and xi5 Motorguide,,Mark will custom build it for any length or transducer you want.,plus it gets it independant of the motor, and can't get tangled,puts the transducer under the bow,instead of 20' behind you.
Yeah seem those and they are pretty interesting for sure. I might look into that further and go from there..

Thanks alot

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp