Boat & Trailer security

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
JoelE
Participant
Participant

Boat & Trailer security

Post by JoelE »

Good afternoon,

I was wondering what is the best practice for securing your boat & Trailer if it's park outside. I'm thinking of putting a cuppler lock, maybe a tire trailer lock with possibly a chain. Any other suggestions or products?
Trout_83
Participant
Participant

Re: Boat & Trailer security

Post by Trout_83 »

i keep a cuppler lock on my trailer, I also have a swing-tongue which swing all the way out of position and remove the locking pin. I also have a lock on my hitch receiver so that it can't be removed when hooked up to my truck. That being said...it's all really just a deterrent and none of it is going to safeguard it 100%.
2007 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1600, 75 Merc, Terrova iPilot
Super
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Super »

One of my friends, a retired RCMP officer, used to take a tire off the trailer.
He said thieves are lazy and none of them carry a spare and a jack, they will always go for easier pickings.

David
The Don
Participant
Participant

Post by The Don »

Since getting mine stripped last season...I'm trying to rig up an electrical charge to the trailer much like a "Taser"...maybe I will put a metal plate on the ground, under the spare tire holder and the eclectic current will ..hopefully hold the thief in place . Maybe the "well done remains of the culprit" will still be there smoldering , for me to urinate on when I come in off the water.... :twisted: :twisted:

regardless Nothing is 100% ......Except maybe a 12 gauge Remington.. .... ;) ;)