Cracked Screen on Lowrance HDS7

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Heisenbass
Participant
Participant

Cracked Screen on Lowrance HDS7

Post by Heisenbass »

Hey guys,

Had a bit of a misfortune this past weekend with my fish finder (Lowrance HDS-7 Gen2). Due to a cast gone wrong, my drop shot weight nicked the corner of the screen, and the screen cracked :( . The crack doesn't cover the entire screen, but it is definitely big enough to make things very inconvenient. I'm also worried about moisture getting through the glass. I would love to get the screen repaired.. Has anyone ever dealt with this? After looking up a few things, it seems that sending the unit back to Lowrance is much to expensive, and the unit is not under warranty anymore. Does anyone repair units locally? Is there any way I can attempt a fix myself?

Any tips or personal experience on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Martin
BAA 2016 - Team 22
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Cracked Screen on Lowrance HDS7

Post by Jul0682 »

Sorry to hear about thar bro, just a thought I had, if u can get the glass maybe try bringing it to a cell phone repair place where they do glass replacements, maybe they'll be able to help yah out.. worth a shot anyway in my mind. .

Hope it helps..

Cheers
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

That sucks!

This is where many will say Humminbird has way better customer service as they actually repair their products. All I have ever heard was that Lowrance does not repair broken units. They do however offer to sell you a new unit at a discounted price.

I've inoy ever read this though. My suggestion would be to call Lowrance and see what they will do for you.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

For the time being I would try and seal it with a loctite product made for glass. I don't recall the number offhand tho.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Fish n' Tech or Radioworld are both Lowrance repair centers. Fish n tech is in Lachute, Radioworld is in Toronto. Did the same thing with a Humminbird 998 3 or 4 years ago. When it's jig vs screen, jig wins. That I can guarantee you.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Heisenbass
Participant
Participant

Post by Heisenbass »

Thanks for the advice guys! I really appreciate it... And Ed, I'll be sure to check those shops out! Thanks again!
Martin
BAA 2016 - Team 22