Bass boat fenders

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Bass boat fenders

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Any recommendations for some bass boat fenders for glass boats? Renting a cottage for a week and as much as I'd love to take the boat out every day, I'd rather keep it in.

AKUA makes some nifty fenders but at $36 USD a pop, that will be over $100 CDN for a pair with shipping and tax. Ouch. Any other solutions (and yes, I will put down my power poles as an added precaution)?
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Bass boat fenders

Post by lape0019 »

The ones you have already found get amazing reviews. For $100, you'll be set for as long as you own your boat. If that isn't what you want, I've tied mine using three ropes before. First off, I pointed the bow of the boat out towards the river with the motor closest to shore and trimmed up. 2 ropes to the dock but with 4 to 5 feet of slack in them. And then a third rope off of the back clear and tied to another cleat on shore about 20 feet from the dock. That third rope was pulled tight to hold the boat that 4 feet out from the dock.