Power Poles vs Boat Tow Harness

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Power Poles vs Boat Tow Harness

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Its my first year with a glass bassboat w/ 2 x power poles. I'm about to go on vacation and have normally towed a tube behind my previous boats. However, this time, the ski tow rope harness, which clips on to the eyes on the stern of the boat, interferes with the power poles. I.e., I can clip each side of the harness on each eye; however, as the power poles are blocking the eyes, the harness will be fished to the outside of each power pole. I.e., when a tube (and person) is being towed by the boat, the tow rope harness will be pushing each of the power poles inwards.

Has anyone had any experience with this? If so, any work-arounds?

Thx.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Power Poles vs Boat Tow Harness

Post by lape0019 »

Any chance you can use just one eye and tie tire T? We used to do that all of the time. Or try and find a ski pole that will go into the Back seat base
badbass72
Participant
Participant

Post by badbass72 »

A ski pole is your best option.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Urban Ford, Urban Sport, Quick Lane Auto Care, Quantum, Strike King, Gourley's Outdoors, Goldwing Automotive, Amsoil, Canadian Tire Renfrew and Demonic Custom Tackle
Daboss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Daboss »

Spreader bar between the ropes.
Damn right I'm good in the sack...I can sleep for hours!