Sonar problems

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Sonar problems

Post by FishingFreak13 »

I have 2 humminbird units. One is a 858c HD DI Combo which i have mounted at the console and it works great sonar di and gps all work great. I have a 859 HD DI combo at the front and purchased the compatible trolling motor transducer (xnt 9 di 25 t ) everything works great on that except for that I don't get any 2d sonar on the unit but the DI is working perfectly I've tinkered with the settings done a complete reset and nothing has made it work even moved my 858 up to the front to see if that would work but it didn't. Has anyone had this issue or might have an idea of whats wrong I'm hoping its not the transducer as it is brand new.

Brian
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Sonar problems

Post by toobinator »

Brian: It sounds like a setting. When the unit is on, press the power button briefly, not long enough to power down the unit. You should get a menu that has sonar on the top. Make sure it says on. If it is on, go into your setup menu and make sure the kHz settings are correct for your unit.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken