Trailer Supply - Gold Mine!

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Trailer Supply - Gold Mine!

Post by cprince »

I have chewed through some trailer wheel bearings, tires, hitches and other things over the years with my little boat trailer. Not blaming the parts. I blame the idiot pulling the trailer at warp speed through deer trails with his Chevy W-Body passenger car.

:shock:

I used to go to Princess Auto on a regular basis in what was something of a pilgrimage for a while. I have noticed their prices creeping up and up and I just chalked it up to the Canadian dollar.

I was wrong.

What now costs around $35 for just bearings and grease seals I have now found from Cerka.ca in the Toronto area for $15.
Tire assemblies (When in stock) over $120 for a 12 inch tire garbage Carlisle on a 4 bolt 4 inch hub at PA can be had for $75 at Cerka and it is a Loadstar.

Cerka has a HUGE inventory and they are seriously helpful people. They take EMail transfer payments and delivery was my choice of carriers from UPS, FedEx and who I went with Loomis.

Fantastic place I cannot say enough about!!

RJ, if you are able to reach out to these guys as site sponsors, I think it would be worth it!!

http://cerka.ca

Craig
JayHolder
Participant
Participant

Re: Trailer Supply - Gold Mine!

Post by JayHolder »

X2 on Cerka. Good Prices and selection, get most of my trailer things from them if I cant get a local hookup.
Cyber
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Cyber »

X3!! :lol: Have dealt with them as well, great outfit! :wink: 8)
If you don't stand for something,
you'll fall for anything!!
Kerrazy
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Kerrazy »

Thanks for the heads up on an alternative to Chinese bearings!

My new setup has been great, with the exception of the trailer that came with it.

I have replace springs, bearings, studs and nearly every boat, only to find yet another broken spring strap yesterday.

May be time to replace the whole damn thing. Yet, I am a bugger for punishment!
Kerrazy

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll Go Fishing!"- Thoreau
I'd like to thank my sponsors:
Interac - Be in the Black
Jerry, my neighbour, who foolishly leaves his shed and truck open, so I can try all the latest gear!