Sonarchart live on Lowrance

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Sonarchart live on Lowrance

Post by wallyandre »

It's now possible to view the sonarchart live on you're Lowrance screen!!
https://youtu.be/CNfEIthQMAU

Here is what is coming out for Lowrance Live Mapping with SonarChart Live- What I know so far, subject to change…

➢ See below for effected units.
➢ Lowrance NOS 56 software update.
➢ Lowrance Units covered are-
• HDS Gen 3 12, 9, 7 Version 4.5
• HDS Gen 2 Touch 12, 9, 7
• HDS Gen 2 12, 9, 7
• Elite Ti version 2.5
• Lowrance Carbon
➢ SonarChart Live data recorded in Lowrance and displayed live on screen.
➢ SonarChart data is not recorded to the hard drive of the sonar, it is recorded to the Navionics card and Navionics card is required. (See below for required cards).
➢ Create High Definition 1’ contours.
➢ Requires a Navionics mapping card with an active chart update subscription (Freshest Data).
➢ Navionics Cards needed-
• Hotmaps Platinum
• Platinum +
• Navionics +
• Navionics + Regions
• Navionics Updates
➢ Data recorded in Lowrance and stored on card is not shared to Navionics.
➢ Genesis / Lowrance nor Navionics gets NO LOGS or Data from Lowrance Plotter/Sonar. Data not shared.
➢ Adjust SonarChart contour density.
➢ Update Navionics Mapping card in Lowrance Plotter via WI fi connection between Mobile device and Plotter.
➢ Download updated charts and transfer routes and markers/waypoints via the innovative Plotter Sync capability of Navionics Boating apps without having to remove the Navionics card.
➢ If you choose to do SonarChart Live and want to update your Navionics SonarChart data on card or mobile device app you have to connect affected Lowrance Units via Wi fi to Navionics Mobile app and do SonarChart Live in the mobile device, which is then uploaded to Navionics and processed into the community SonarChart layer. You then do a Freshest Data update to card or mobile device.
➢ Added functions-
• You can do plotter sync.
• Shallow Water Highlight.
• Depth Highlight.
• Easy View.
• Transparency.
• Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting creates intelligent, detailed routes, even through narrow passages and channels.
jjcanoe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Sonarchart live on Lowrance

Post by jjcanoe »

As much as this tech interests me, I'm not a big fan of giving away my map data that I create and then paying for a subscription to have it back. Yes I realize that there are thousands of other lakes included for that price, 99.9% of which I will never ever be within a thousand kms let alone be able to fish them.
Maybe I'm not fully understanding the concept of the subscription service? Please tell me I'm somehow wrong with my interpretation of the way this works!
2015 Crestliner Vision 1700
115 Mercury 4 stroke
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Re: Sonarchart live on Lowrance

Post by wallyandre »

With that new functionnality you can keep it for you.

For my part I really don't care about that sharing thing. We are using a lot of sharings with the existing data and only the best fisherman can use them effectively.