Trolling motor worth it

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
crwalker1987
Participant
Participant

Trolling motor worth it

Post by crwalker1987 »

Hey guys,

I've never had or used a trolling motor and i'm wondering if it's really worth it. I mainly fish mississippi lake (innisville end) and I have a 14foot with a 9.8 tohatsu. Just wondering if it's worth putting out the coin for one. If so do i get a 30" shaft or 36" so i can stand while using it. Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Trolling motor worth it

Post by River Monster »

Depends on how you fish. if you like to just troll its probably not worth it.

But if you like to hit an up an area and work it thoroughly its %100 worth it. You can easily move from spot to spot quietly and efficiently with out starting up the main motor. Also really helps on the windy days.

Shaft height can usually be adjusted once installed, so if you are buying brand new go with a 36" Shaft.

As for power, they always say more is better. i believe i had a 40lb thrust on my 14foot boat and there was only a handful of time i wish i had more power.
- Rick Ozga
tacklebox
Participant
Participant

Post by tacklebox »

If your mainly on mississippi lake a trolling motor is a must I have a 14ft with a 55lb thrust great to get around in that are your in I fish there as well and sometimes use it to troll with depending on the wind ,a good battery is a must and charge after every outing
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

PM sent......
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.