Sourcing Crestliner Parts

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
sholtz
Participant
Participant

Sourcing Crestliner Parts

Post by sholtz »

Hi Guys,

Little bit of a tricky, touchy subject, but does anyone have a way of locating parts for a 2017 Fish Hawk 1650? I'm looking to add the port side console and having some difficultly. I've talked to the dealer I purchased the boat from and they want close to $800.00 for it. II can't believe that it would cost that much from Crestliner. If it does, that's fine but I plan on doing the install myself. Its a pretty straight forward install. I checked with Crestliner and will no longer sell direct, only through a dealer these days.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Sourcing Crestliner Parts

Post by lape0019 »

unfortunately, short of finding someone willing to sell their, you don't have many options.

Call a few crestliner dealers and see if you can get it cheaper but that sounds like a fair price for something like that. I know they can be up to double that for bass boats.
sholtz
Participant
Participant

Post by sholtz »

Wow, no kidding. I thought that was a bit high, but maybe not. I'm not looking for a bargain, just a fair price. I'm also going to check with a couple repair shops in the area as well.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Check U.S dealers as well. You might also want to check walleye boat boards to see if someone has one to sell.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

That's actually a great recommendation Norm.

I would assume a good portion of the cost could be associated to shipping/brokerage charges. If you could find a marina close enough to the border that you could go pick up the console, you may be able to save some money after declaring duties to make it worth while.
sholtz
Participant
Participant

Post by sholtz »

CN wrote:Check U.S dealers as well. You might also want to check walleye boat boards to see if someone has one to sell.
Funny, I was looking through some other boards as well, thats how I came to think that the price was a bit high. I was seeing others doing adding the console, granted to older Fish Hawks, but for about 450 or so, directly from Crestliner. I'll do a bit more surfing too.
sholtz
Participant
Participant

Post by sholtz »

lape0019 wrote:That's actually a great recommendation Norm.

I would assume a good portion of the cost could be associated to shipping/brokerage charges. If you could find a marina close enough to the border that you could go pick up the console, you may be able to save some money after declaring duties to make it worth while.
Actually the shipping was still on top of that, from what i was seeing or at least told, shipping would likely be freight for an additional $200.00 or unless I could pick it up. directly.
I'm in Minnesota, and Crestliner has a warehouse up north, so if i did get it, picking it up might still be my best option.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

I did not see that you were in the US. If that is the case contact Canadian dealers. Your dollar is worth 30% more up here
sholtz
Participant
Participant

Post by sholtz »

Great idea, thought never actually crossed my mind. Any recommendations? I can imagine shipping would be above and beyond. However Winnipeg is about 8 hours, so if prices is right, might just be worth the road trip.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

go to the crestliner site. Search for dealers in Manitoba and Ontario.