Trim wiring question

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Trim wiring question

Post by FishingFreak13 »

I have a 2001 Merc 135 DFI that had an annoying problem happen while I was on vacation. The trim started intermittently working it wouldn't work if i was fishing using the trolling motor but when I was use the outboard it would trim fine. When I took it out of the water to look at it i thought it might have been a relay but it wasn't. The wires going to the trim motor and actually come off wherever they are connected inside the motor. I managed to wiggle the wires around enough to get the motor set for the drive back at the end of my vacation but they have completely come loose now. My question is. Is there anyway to get inside the motor and either re solder them back on or even have a look at them without having to buy a new motor? First time I've seen that happen so needless to say I'm stumped.

Brian
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Trim wiring question

Post by toobinator »

Brian: Brett at Pirates Cove can be your friend.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Trim wiring question

Post by smitty55 »

Most motors can be taken apart, usually a couple of bolts on the top cover. Lot's of info on line. Google is your friend.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter