Storing my boat and Transducer?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Storing my boat and Transducer?

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Hey gang, I bought a small unit for my "Jon Boat" 2 years ago. The unit is portable, but I am wondering for this end season storing at the end of this year. I mounted the transducer to my boat, worked just fine. I removed it for the winter. My boat stays outside (It's a 10' aluminum) I am going to rivet a plate over the holes I drilled, and re-mount my transducer and seal it with marine silicone. Should I remove it for winter months? Just trying to get an Idea, for I leave it at the cottage all year, and leave it on the property when I'm not there, and for winter months. I'm a newbie to this thing, but I like having my electronics, and dont want to mess up my transducer.

Any idea's or hints?

Thanks!

F.F
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Storing my boat and Transducer?

Post by Mick »

I've never taken the transducer off my boat. Its been stored outside for 12 seasons. I've had 2 different lowance and now a garmin on the boat over the years. Never had an issue
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I don't see an issue with removing it if you are worried about mice eating the cord or someone walking off with the transducer (almost useless unless you know what unit it is for).

But if you are worried about temperature affecting its life, I wouldn't bother. I have never taken one off the boat while in storage and dont intend on starting now.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Awesome feedback! And again so many thanks!!!!! Not worried about the mice, or anyone taking it off.

Thanks for the info!!!!

F.F