Neighbour selling boat - how much should he ask?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
gerrymackenzie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Neighbour selling boat - how much should he ask?

Post by gerrymackenzie »

Hi everyone, with the years of experience and knowledge on this site I thought I'd turn to you all for some advice for my neighbour. He is 87 years old and is starting to lose his eyesight. He has been an avid fisherman for several decades but now needs to let his boat go. It is a 16.5 foot tinny with a 9.9 horse Johnson. No idea of the age of the boat or the motor but both are in excellent condition. He takes them both apart every year and maintains them to the highest level. The boat will include two swivel seats bought at Sail a few years ago, a 10 pound anchor, portable fish finder, two home made rod holders, a fuel tank and a small safety kit. He is also including a trailer and a spare tire for the trailer. He is cleaning it up now in preparation for some pictures. He doesn't have internet or a computer so he has asked me to post it for him but neither of us have a real good idea of a price. Everything works and it can go on the water today. I've looked on Kijiji for anything similar and the few I did see are priced around $1600 to $1800 - does that sound about right?

Thanks for any advice or feedback you can give.

Gerry
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Neighbour selling boat - how much should he ask?

Post by smitty55 »

A bit hard to say without knowing the age of the boat and specially the outboard which you should be able to find out from the model no.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
gerrymackenzie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Neighbour selling boat - how much should he ask?

Post by gerrymackenzie »

He says it looks like in the early 60's fir the motor. Not sure about the boat but it looks to be around the same vintage.