noise/interference Terrova/helix 7

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Moobe
Participant
Participant

noise/interference Terrova/helix 7

Post by Moobe »

Hey all,

I have a terrova bow mounted trolling motor and a bow mounted Helix 7. I have the universal transducer on the motor selected for 2d sonar etc. I get really bad noise and interference if i have the motor running at all. and I seldom if ever get an accurate depth reading (motor running or not). I had it professionally installed at a marina that does lots of these things - so i was surprised to see this issue. I checked the ground fuse in the motor head and all is as it should be. The helix isn't sharing a power source with the motor - so I could really use some help.

Thanks
Ben
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: noise/interference Terrova/helix 7

Post by lape0019 »

I had a similar issue with my Terrova on my older boat. In my case, all that was required was a better connection between the ethernet cord and the adapter. I also taped the connection with electrical tape because it was rubbing on a stainless screw which was also causing issues.

If that had not fixed the problem, I was going to look into getting a ferrite ring to reduce the interference.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: noise/interference Terrova/helix 7

Post by toobinator »

We found the problem. Bad connection between universal sonar and his Helix.The fix is on the way.

Thanks George (Bay Distributing)

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken