Lowrance Elite 5 CHIRP questions

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Alex Bull
Participant
Participant

Lowrance Elite 5 CHIRP questions

Post by Alex Bull »

Hey guys
I'm having some issues with my bow fish finder and my trolling motor.
Fishfinder is a Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp, and the trolling motor is a MinnKota Terrova 80 with built-in V2 sonar. I have the cable adapter to run the Lowrance off the built-in sonar.
Firstly. Does anyone know what transducer is used for the V2 sonar? When I set up my Lowrance, there is a long list of transducers with different frequencies. Which one would be the best option.

Secondly, whenever we stow the trolling motor and head to another spot and then redeploy the trolling motor back in the water, the Lowrance gets all confused on the depths. The only solution I have found is to either power down the unit and reset or adjust the depth to what I think the depth is. The auto depth feature seems to get lost when it's taken out of the water. Changing the depth minimum seems to reset the sonar and it works properly. Is there a more permanent solution?

Third, I guess there was a GPS update for the Lowrance unit I have in 2019. I have since updated the software, but my GPS position is still way off. I can see my spot when zoomed out, but when I zoom in to the lake I'm on ( White Lake), all I see is a yellow background.
I tired the Gps again on St Francis this weekend and it showed my location zoomed in, but I was a few km inland.
Any Lowrance experts out there?
Thanks for all your help!
boogie
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Lowrance Elite 5 CHIRP questions

Post by boogie »

Hey Alex

1- try the generic one 80/200

2- it's recommended that you stop sonar when going from spot to spot

3- what mapping are you using Lowrance or Navionics, go into your settings and choose the correct one

Luc
Boogie
Poisson On !