Looking to purchase a fishing boat

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Uncle Buck67
Participant
Participant

Looking to purchase a fishing boat

Post by Uncle Buck67 »

Looking to buy my first fishing boat in $10,000-20,000 price range. Looking for recommendations on a good marina/salesperson to deal with.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking to purchase a fishing boat

Post by RJ »

My suggestion on this is if you find one, DO NOT WAIT. It will be gone. Ordering a new boat right now from any manufacturer will likely be late Summer delivery.

Good Luck, it ain't easy right now.

RJ
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

^^^^^^^^ What RJ said. Even in the used market prices are crazy and boats go real quick.
Smitty

Straight shooter
levitch
Participant
Participant

Post by levitch »

having never purchased a boat myself... I am confused...
can you not go to a boat dealership a drive away with a boat? why would you have to wait until summer to get it?
(unless you are getting something custom made of course..I get that)
Homerx_99
Participant
Participant

Post by Homerx_99 »

levitch wrote:having never purchased a boat myself... I am confused...
can you not go to a boat dealership a drive away with a boat? why would you have to wait until summer to get it?
(unless you are getting something custom made of course..I get that)

You can if they have it in stock, if not . .you are ordering now for late summer/next spring . . I just bought a new Lowe and sold my Legend while it's still in the boat house over ice, sight unseen. that's how hot the market is right now. Oh yeah I also sold it for 3K over what I paid for it 6 years ago ! Good luck, let us know what you got.
joepile
Participant
Participant

Post by joepile »

couldn't agree more with RJ - i have a 2004 smokercraft that i bought in 2008 (got a really good deal) and after all these years i can get quite a bit more than what i paid for it.
Uncle Buck67
Participant
Participant

Post by Uncle Buck67 »

I ended up buying a buying a brand new Lund. It was amazing to me that most marinas were giving me excuses why they weren’t selling boats right now even though they were posting that the boats were in stock. I think they were kicking tires to see how much action their ad would get. Then, when this lock down is over, Jack up the price because the market is so hot.