Fish Finder expert?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
tombiosis
Participant
Participant

Fish Finder expert?

Post by tombiosis »

Hi
Haven't posted in a loonnng time...
So I bought a new boat. The boat came with a Lowrance HDS5 gen2 graph with a navionics chip in it, and it works fine. The HDS5 is mounted near the helm position...the boat is a Crestliner 1650 pro tiller. The transducer looks like a standard wide angle skimmer 'ducer, though I haven't located the little silver tag to confirm the model yet.
So here is my question(s).
I have an HDS9 Carbon with a total scan transducer... I also have an Elite 9 ti with an additional skimmer 'ducer.
I want to add a fish finder to the front of the boat by the 8olb ipilot terrova. Ideally I would like to have the HDS9 carbon at the helm position, and either the HDS5 gen2 or the Elite9 ti at the bow...I am not sure which is the better unit.
It looks to me like I cannot network the ti unit as there is no Ethernet port. I was thinking maybe putting the 5" graph at the front, which means I may need to extend the cables. Could I share the totalscan with both HDS units?? I will sell the extra unit once this is all sorted out...
I will need to install the large totalscan transducer and run the lines to the current finder's location. It looks like there is no more room in the cable loom to add cables, and looks really difficult to fish the wires so that it is clean.
Are there any expert fish finder guys on here that might be able to help me get a sweet and clean install? I would pay the right person for their time and assistance. I will do the work if necessary, I just need some guidance. The boat is in Nepean, (old Barrhaven).
If no one is interested, can anyone recommend a marina or electronics shop that would do this type of modification to my new prized boat? I have had bad experiences with marinas in the past, and I would much prefer some fishing pro with experience to help me...
As mentioned I would pay for time...heck I would even take them fishing!
I will watch for any PM's in the coming days and thanks in advance
Tommy