Minn Kota Service Repair

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Minn Kota Service Repair

Post by pickereye chaser »

Hi All,

I have a MK Terrova 55 i-pilot link that has a couple issues and less than a year old that has an issue with the spot lock disconnecting randomly. Also the pedal mechanism releases but it seems like a spring something has broken. I am located in Almonte so looking for a repair facility in Ottawa. The MK website lists only these guys in Ottawa:

WIRE TRENDS
1568 MERIVALE RD - SUITE 224
NEPEAN, ON K2G5Y7
(613) 882-3594

Anyone use them? since this trolling motor was a major purchase for me so I want to make sure i drop it off with someone reputable.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Minn Kota Service Repair

Post by JimW »

I have never used that place. For Minnkota work in the past I have used The Prop Shop in Kingston always very helpful.
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

thanks - if i don't hear anyone chime in after a week or so ill plan to drop it off there
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Amazing what a simple phone call can do. ;) So I just talked to the guy. His name is Trevor Sinnet and he is a MK trained tech who got his training at the Prop Shop. Minn Kota approached him to set up a service center in this area as they had Kingston and Montreal. He started on Merivale last Feb but the rent was too crazy so now he has access to share a large shop near Metcalfe just off bank street. Since then he has done a couple of hundred units so he's keeping busy enough.Sounds like a good lad, used to be on the tourney trail Image
Attachments
MK Trevor.jpg
MK Trevor.jpg (97.17 KiB) Viewed 23206 times
Smitty

Straight shooter
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

smitty55 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:11 pm Amazing what a simple phone call can do. ;) So I just talked to the guy. His name is Trevor Sinnet and he is a MK trained tech who got his training at the Prop Shop. Minn Kota approached him to set up a service center in this area as they had Kingston and Montreal. He started on Merivale last Feb but the rent was too crazy so now he has access to share a large shop near Metcalfe just off bank street. Since then he has done a couple of hundred units so he's keeping busy enough.Sounds like a good lad, used to be on the tourney trail Image
oh amazing. My millennial was showing a bit and hadnt yet called haha. But at the same time was also looking for people's opinions.

Thanks I will give him a ring.