Jiffy STX Pro 2HP - Feedback?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Jiffy STX Pro 2HP - Feedback?

Post by OBD »

Hey all

I'd like to see the pros and cons on the Jiffy STX Pro 2HP model? How do you like the unit?

Thanks in advance :!:
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

I just purchased a 8 inch Jiffy stealth pro this year. I have yet to bore into some think ice. Id say thickest was 12" or so. So far im more than happy with this auger. This is my first power auger and I dont think I'll go back to a hand auger :roll:

PRO :Im not sure if all other models have this option? Mine has a button on the engine that makes starting easy. It takes some of the compresion away from the engine. Weight 8inch 2hp is lighter than a 3hp 10inch :D
warranty 3,2,1 yrs. availability, most ma and par tackel shops and even the larger stores stock them and parts to repair them. Great on fuel. I have cut around 50 holes and still have a full tank.

I have no CONS to add. Get yourself a Jiffy!!!
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Thanks for the info Cory :wink:
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Nodie I love my 2hp. But it all depends on how much you want to spend. Did you Nightroller's 4 stroke auger, what a sweet setup and light. and I was surprised at the price of it. It might be a bit more expensive than a Jiffy but I am sure it would be very welcome when you are pulling your Guide.
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

It's a Jiffy Nodie.They'll never let you down.
dipsyking
Participant
Participant

Post by dipsyking »

whre to get this oil?(Jiffy Premium 40:1 Two-Cycle Oil).

im from mississauga.

thanks 8) 8)
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Yea Dan, that 4-stroke is sure NICE!
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

I have been using 2 stroke oil for a snowmobile? I dont think you need brand name jiffy Oil. It is only a 2hp?
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

For the oil i make sure that I use the jiffy one or any synthetic oil. 1st because of less smoke. and it as gas stabilizer in it. Plus it's a small bottle that you mix with 1 gallon of gas . No measuring or anything. I have heard that Amsoil Saber oil is the best. but I can't find it anywhere.
1lastcast
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by 1lastcast »

thanks wallyboss, I dident know that it had fuel stablizer. That would save me a step for sure.

I have not seen there brand oil around here in K town? Anyone know where to purchase the Oil.

As for low smoke. Most snowmobile oils are Low smoke. Now that I done own a skidoo. Im using up the oil I have in the garage.
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

and it is synthetic. I think that the oil ratio for a 2hp is 24:1 but with synthetic it is 40:1 therefore less oil burns better.

I don't know where in Ontario it is available . I got it from somebody that knows somebody that went to Gander Mountain i think. Also available at Jiffy.com.
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Andy_L »

quick google search found Jiffy 2 stroke oil here:

fishontariostore on hwy 400 905-832-4566

Link to Amsoil (order online) http://www.worldsbestoil.ca/
CrappieKeith
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CrappieKeith »

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i65.photobucket.com/player.swf?f ... son147.flv">
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Keith, I will getting one VERY soon, could not pass up that offer with prices like those under the staff agreement.

Glad you like it :D
Bondo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bondo »

Nodie, I bought the 2 hp Jiffy Lightning last year (not the STX) and I love it.

Something to think about with the oil is that the little containers Jiffy sells are for 1 US gallon. That converts to 3.79 litres. I dont know how much of a difference that makes as far as engine lubrication goes but a Canadian gallon is larger (4.55 litres) so I assume if you mixed it with a Canadian (Imperial) gallon, it wouldn't be as thick and therefore less lubrication to the cylinders. Soooo, make sure you only put 3.79 litres per little bottle of Jiffy oil.