Ottawa Kayaking 2015 - Let's Organize

A Forum for those who prefer the lighter side of boating. Canoes and Kayaks are becoming more and more popular. Let's talk about them!
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Ottawa Region, Georgian Bay region, Kawartha Lakes Region

Ottawa Kayaking 2015 - Let's Organize

Post by OutdoorActionOntario »

Calling all Ottawa and East Ontario Kayak Angling enthusiasts!!!

The soft-water season is almost upon us. Soon enough we will be paddling away and enjoying our days in the amazing waters we have across the region. We are incredibly blessed with an abundance of water to get out on to enjoy. The scenery, wildlife and fishing are second to none, and many of us would testify to the incredible bounties of our region.

This season, I'm looking for people who want a chance to share their outdoor stories, and kayaking adventures in particular. If you are passionate about the outdoors, I want to hear from you.

If you're looking for more information, send me a PM and we will go from there. This might be your chance to get involved in the outdoors industry in a way you might never have thought about.

More details coming soon. Also, don't forget to keep sharing on Fish-Hawk as well, since that's kinda the whole point of being here!

Cheers!

~OAO~
OutdoorActionOntario - Ottawa ON
lapointeric
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Ottawa Kayaking 2015 - Let's Organize

Post by lapointeric »

OutdoorActionOntario wrote:Calling all Ottawa and East Ontario Kayak Angling enthusiasts!!!

The soft-water season is almost upon us. Soon enough we will be paddling away and enjoying our days in the amazing waters we have across the region. We are incredibly blessed with an abundance of water to get out on to enjoy. The scenery, wildlife and fishing are second to none, and many of us would testify to the incredible bounties of our region.

This season, I'm looking for people who want a chance to share their outdoor stories, and kayaking adventures in particular. If you are passionate about the outdoors, I want to hear from you.

If you're looking for more information, send me a PM and we will go from there. This might be your chance to get involved in the outdoors industry in a way you might never have thought about.

More details coming soon. Also, don't forget to keep sharing on Fish-Hawk as well, since that's kinda the whole point of being here!

Cheers!

~OAO~

My buddy will want to take part for sure, we're in touring kayaks, but we fish out of 'em. I'll send him this thread.

E
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Really, all Paddlers are welcome - I don't discriminate against my Canoe friends... I'm an equal opportunity type person.

I want to hear from people who get out on the water to explore and in the process discover their true passions in life... or re-ignite old ones.

Going back to the basics on this stuff - it's all about a love for being out on the water. I think we ALL share that!
reboot
Participant
Participant

Post by reboot »

OutdoorActionOntario wrote:Really, all Paddlers are welcome - I don't discriminate against my Canoe friends... I'm an equal opportunity type person.

I want to hear from people who get out on the water to explore and in the process discover their true passions in life... or re-ignite old ones.

Going back to the basics on this stuff - it's all about a love for being out on the water. I think we ALL share that!
Does "all paddlers" include float tubers? Technically we paddle with our feet ;)
DrB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DrB »

I'd like to know more about what's on your mind. E-mail me.

I "almost" (due to icy waterways still) paddle a 2015 Coosa HD.

Cheers!
Roberto Briones
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
Roberto "DrB" Briones
http://drboutdoors.wordpress.com
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: @DrBOutdoors
http://www.kaao.ca
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

I am going to include Float Tubers just because I want to see you out bobbing around in the Ottawa River...

I want to get something organized out on the water in late June or early July, not too sure what the format will be, this will depend on interest. Keep PM'ing me, I have already heard from numerous people. Once you contact me I will send you my private contact details and we will make arrangements for you to be included in future business...

Cheers

~OAO~
RyanW
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by RyanW »

--
Last edited by RyanW on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
613 Ice Fishing
On Facebook
Yakster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Yakster »

Interested to see what you have up your sleeve. ...
reboot
Participant
Participant

Post by reboot »

OutdoorActionOntario wrote:I am going to include Float Tubers just because I want to see you out bobbing around in the Ottawa River...
Okay did not know the plan was the Ottawa River... DEFINITELY not taking a float tube out there lol
snapper
Participant
Participant

Post by snapper »

Kingston here, are you saying Ottawa or Eastern On. It sounds like you only mean Ottawa area

Cheers
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

OK, sorry for the delay I have been busy filming and writing and getting on the water in my spare time from work, so things have been very busy.

Since this was originally posted I have heard from a few people over time. Please, if you are interested in getting together respond to this posting and I will start the legwork on logistics.

We will be launching out of Ottawa, most likely Blair Road launch and we would be fishing both sides of the Ottawa in and around the islands as well (but other areas are possible and I'm open to suggestions.)

I really think it would be best to wait until Bass season is open so as to give us some options. What do you guys think?

this would put us into the later part of June or early July. If we have a lot of interest, we will make this a big deal (i.e. get some food involved, make it a bit of a festivity.) But this will all depend on numbers. If we have more then 20 kayak anglers I think we make it into a social event as well as the fishing...

Thanks

OAO
DrB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DrB »

I'm in
Roberto "DrB" Briones
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

Suggest to set a date and place and go from there.
Here's a partial list of up coming kayak fishing events:

June 20th : Quebec Sleepy Hollow Kayak Bass fishing tourney http://www.que-yak.ca/tournoi-tournament.html
Noyan PQ on the Richileau River at the head of lake Champlain.

June 27th: Border City Classic, Windsor On, This is a Hobie worlds qualifier event, the Canadian and US winner gets to
go to China for the 2015 Hobie World event, transportation paid for.
https://www.bordercityclassic.org/registration.html

July 4-5 th : Jenda's Bite Me Fun Tourney, Baxter Centre on the Rideau River
http://www.ianglertournament.com/jendas ... hing-derby
always a fun one.

So as you can see near bass opener is very busy.

I'm out lots, next trip Big Rideau lakers again this Sunday May 31st ?
Send a pm if you ( or any other yakers ) want to hook up.

Looking forward to meeting you on the water OAO. :)
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
DrB
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by DrB »

Hi all,

I'll be going to target some Muskies on the Madawaska River on Saturday June 13. I will be at the Clay Bank boat launch at around 8:30 AM. If anyone wants to join me, you are more than welcome.

You can text me at six-one-three-796-0366

Cheers!
Roberto.
Roberto "DrB" Briones
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

Sounds interesting if you get something together I'll be in.
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures