Algonquin Park Trout Trip

A Forum for those who prefer the lighter side of boating. Canoes and Kayaks are becoming more and more popular. Let's talk about them!
Houner
Participant
Participant

Algonquin Park Trout Trip

Post by Houner »

Hi guys - I'm thinking of heading to Algonquin Park for a weekend this spring to try for trout. I've done quite a bit of paddling there, but not much fishing, and when I did fish, i didn't have any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions for lakes or regions to try? I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole, just a general push in the right direction. I'd be bringing a friend who is a novice paddler, or my 12 year old daughter, so I don't want to hit any big water given the time of year. Portages don't scare me, but if I bring my daughter, I'd be shouldering the majority of the load, so I'd need to temper expectations. Also, what time of year would you suggest? Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Algonquin Park Trout Trip

Post by smitty55 »

You need to talk to Troutskiii. He goes on a major trip there every spring. I'm pretty sure he could point you in the right direction and suggest some places to go that would fit your situation.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Houner
Participant
Participant

Re: Algonquin Park Trout Trip

Post by Houner »

Thanks Smitty. I'll check in with Troutskiii to see if he has some intel to share.