KARS BASSIN - Saturday July 4

A Forum for those who prefer the lighter side of boating. Canoes and Kayaks are becoming more and more popular. Let's talk about them!
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Ottawa Region, Georgian Bay region, Kawartha Lakes Region

KARS BASSIN - Saturday July 4

Post by OutdoorActionOntario »

Who wants to catch some 4th of July Bass? -What better way to celebrate Independence Day then letting loose with some top-water action tomorrow?

I'm launching from the Kars Community Centre on Steven's Creek, plan is to be there around 9 a.m. and on the water shortly thereafter....

This is an open invite to whomever may want to show up. Sorry for the late notice. I've been looking at maps all week - Kars it is.

Be there or be square ;-)
OutdoorActionOntario - Ottawa ON
OutdoorActionOntario
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Ottawa Region, Georgian Bay region, Kawartha Lakes Region

Re: KARS BASSIN - Saturday July 4

Post by OutdoorActionOntario »

Rideau River near Kars was extremely tough on Saturday. Blazing hot sun, a huge amount of boat traffic, lack of water clarity.

None of that put me off, should have been able to slam a few, but there just wasn't anything big biting. Never mind I had bass jumping around me, and a GIANT musky leapt out of the water not 5 feet from where my boat was at one point - I couldn't get any of the big guys to hit anything I was throwing.

After 5.5 hours it was a total bust. Very disappointed, next trip will be on the Ottawa, hopefully it is starting to heat up there.
OutdoorActionOntario - Ottawa ON
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

That;s unfortunate but it happens to everyone!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

OutdoorActionOntario wrote: Rideau River near Kars was extremely tough on Saturday. Blazing hot sun, a huge amount of boat traffic, lack of water clarity.

None of that put me off, should have been able to slam a few, but there just wasn't anything big biting. Never mind I had bass jumping around me, and a GIANT musky leapt out of the water not 5 feet from where my boat was at one point - I couldn't get any of the big guys to hit anything I was throwing.

After 5.5 hours it was a total bust. Very disappointed, next trip will be on the Ottawa, hopefully it is starting to heat up there.

Sorry to hear! And you're brave to pick the Ottawa as your place of redemption. I don't find the Ottawa to be all that easy. Fun, but unpredictable.
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Alby »

I usually do very well on the Ottawa River, but it's been extremely tough as of late. Water looks like a Tim Horton's Double Double, and water levels are very low.

Keep swingin' em.

Alby
otownyaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by otownyaker »

I went for a paddle in kars on Sat aswell, mind you I only fished for 5 min then just went for a tour. I never seem to have much luck on that part of the river.
I do norm fish the Ottawa. Never have a slow day there if I'm willing to change up my target fish some days.
I'll be out on the Ottawa Friday and sat this weekend weekend. Friday can't come soon enough.
OTownYaker
613 Ice Fishing team
O-Town Fishing Adventures
joco01
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by joco01 »

You want bass and you are in a yak,

Go quebec side,,, 8)

It worth it

Joco