Wendover Nightmare

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
ShawnLittle28
Participant
Participant

Wendover Nightmare

Post by ShawnLittle28 »

Went Muskie fishing this morning at 6am out of Wendover on the Ottawa River. My buddie and I were targeting Muskie for our outing. I have only caught one Muskie to date which was only a 30incher last year. Today I had the biggest upset of my life. 2 hours into fishing I hook into a big fish with a big Rapala deep jerk bait. Took me approximately 2 minutes to bring fish up to water survive to notice it's a 50+ muskie. After several minutes of battling this monster my line and fish get caught in motor propeller. Fish gets unhooked and swims back to the depths. I wanted to cry so much but had to stay strong in front of my fishing partner. I'm still looking for that monster of the Ottawa River. Gonna try tomorrow again to redeem myself hopefully. Thought I'd share my crap story.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Wendover Nightmare

Post by Markus »

That stuff happens...especially at the start of the learning curve, but it cn happen to anyone too! It's all part of the rush! If there wasnt an element of disasters like that, it wouldnt be as exciting. :P
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

That is a tough deal right there. It'll be that much sweeter, Good Luck tomorrow! Keep em out of the prop.... :wink:

RJ
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Sorry to hear that! I would have cried, any seasoned partner would have understood :D

It's part of the game we play... Like the rest of us you will likley replay that moment in your head a million times to ensure it never happens to you again (in that way at least).
Fishoholic
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fishoholic »

I feel for ya man. The stuff that keeps us coming back for more!