Re: New Cabelas Store

Post by ELLIS »

Mine arrived today.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

What are you guys doing to get these invites?
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

laker taker wrote:I got an invite for the V.I.P customer appreciation event for Sept 21 the day before the official grand opening.
I wonder how many of them they have sent out.
Laker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think everyone who entered the draw got VIP cards in the mail which gets you 25% off any Cabela branded stuff
laker taker
Participant
Participant

Post by laker taker »

MLR wrote:
laker taker wrote:I got an invite for the V.I.P customer appreciation event for Sept 21 the day before the official grand opening.
I wonder how many of them they have sent out.
Laker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think everyone who entered the draw got VIP cards in the mail which gets you 25% off any Cabela branded stuff
That could be the reason or maybe anybody that has ordered from the Canadian site is getting an invite as I got two of them in the mail. One with my post box address and one with my street address because I have had orders delivered both ways.
Laker
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

shiit. I assumed mine was an ad for the actual opening and tossed it. I actually want a Cabela's tackle bag so the 25% off would come in handy.... Do you know if it says you need the card to get the discount?

And I am going to the VIP event on the 20th... they're having two pre-opening events I guess?
stopper35
Participant
Participant

Post by stopper35 »

Oneeleven wrote:shiit. I assumed mine was an ad for the actual opening and tossed it. I actually want a Cabela's tackle bag so the 25% off would come in handy.... Do you know if it says you need the card to get the discount?
I did the same though just dug it out of the black box recycling. The card says it's an invitation for "you and your immediate family" and that it "must be presented at the door for admission". I'd be surprised it they restrict access to the store but that's what they say they are going to do....
Jongy
Participant
Participant

Post by Jongy »

Official Date is September 22, but if you are a regular with Cabela's online, you may have received an advance invitation for Sept 21st, which I did, can't wait to go
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

LOL - I just got ANOTHER one.

I sometimes have stuff shipped to my home and sometimes to my office... so now i have TWO invites, one was mailed to each address.
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

received this invite a while back and thought I was special:)

Clearly they may be more people there on the 21st as well be there on the opening day.

Ron
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

Now I'm thoroughly confused.... I just received a +1 invite from a friend who's a fireman, who said their house received invites for the 20th for a VIP event where you get the staff discount on all merchandise...
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

by the time Cabelas finishes with all of this they will make more people unhappy than happy... geez:)
C5
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by C5 »

good time to visit Bennett's :)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Oneeleven wrote:Now I'm thoroughly confused.... I just received a +1 invite from a friend who's a fireman, who said their house received invites for the 20th for a VIP event where you get the staff discount on all merchandise...
They have multiple events throughout the week. Lots of passes floating around for each night. I'll be there on the 20th and there all day on the 23rd for Shimano floating around the fishing department telling lies... :lol:

RJ
stopper35
Participant
Participant

Post by stopper35 »

They are running a shuttle from the CTC parking lot every 30 minutes on Sept 22nd. Amazing that there will be that many people rushing a retail store but not something I would be interest in doing. If it's that busy on the 21st, I'll just wait a few weeks until the novelty wears off.

I've been to the store in Moncton. It was interesting and lots of 'stuff' (especially hunting, not so much fishing) but it was very expensive. The Kanata store looks virtual identical as least from what was just shown on the CTV news at 6pm.

Anyway, it will be fun to read about the experiences of forum members. So many different VIP events, you gotta wonder if there will be anyone who hasn't been to the store when it "officially opens" next Thursday. :P
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

RJ wrote: telling lies... :lol:
RJ

:lol: :lol:
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/