Newish to archery

avidangler
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Newish to archery

Post by avidangler »

I recently got my hunting license and I'm interested in using a recurve bow to hunt small game this fall, mainly Grouse but i'm also interested in trying rabbit. I'm leaning toward buying the Fleetwood 62" Sage Takedown Bow with a RH 45 lb draw as it is a relatively inexpensive bow with great reviews. It's been a long time since I've handled a bow so it's obviously going to be a learning curve and take quite a bit of practice to get my shots to where I want them. I'm looking for any advice or experiences with this or other bows and what arrow or arrow heads you prefer for small game. Any knowledge would be appreciated, thanks.
Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.
jona38
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Newish to archery

Post by jona38 »

I have everything you are looking for that i would sell as a kit if your interested. Bow is a Hoyt Gamemaster 2 in camo. I'll give you a list of what i have if you're actually interested. I'd also show you everything i know about recurve shooting. Text me if you're intersted. Jon. 613 433 661six.