flyfishing the Clyde

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

flyfishing the Clyde

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

i was just wondering if people have been out on the clyde this year yet with the fly rod, and if so....has there been a bite on?
~SKOAL~
swampsinger
Participant
Participant

Re: flyfishing the Clyde

Post by swampsinger »

Just waiting for bass season to open. I had a ton of fun with the smallies last year. The water seems to be a bit higher this year so I'm hoping to use the pontoon more. I'll have to experiment with the logistics. I'm thinking of trying a bicycle for shorter float trips.
FISHIN'LANARK
Participant
Participant

Re: flyfishing the Clyde

Post by FISHIN'LANARK »

swampsinger wrote:The water seems to be a bit higher this year so I'm hoping to use the pontoon more. I'm thinking of trying a bicycle for shorter float trips.
the trails i use to walk the edge of the river are all under water still. as for the bicycle, its been my best friend for travelling to the....holes :) i find that all the minnows are in schools right now near the over hanging trees. seen a few nice walleye caught and i had a decent pike on but it snapped my tippet
~SKOAL~