Navionics Help!

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

Navionics Help!

Post by BrokenThrone »

I asked on another thread but is there some out there that is good with the Navionics cards. I bought one from someone here on this site but I am at a complete loss as to how to actually use it. I followed the installer directions be reg, getting a name and downloaded the reader. I am now only showing the Canada map which is good but can only look at it. I can not use the blue pins to download an actual map to the card as there are none.Can someone give me a hand with this, it's extremely frustrating. Screenshot attached.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_3665.JPG
IMG_3665.JPG (4.36 MiB) Viewed 3415 times
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Navionics Help!

Post by RJ »

Are you sure the chip is blank? That appears to be asking you to update it. Put it in your unit and see if the mapping is already downloaded.

RJ
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyandre »

1st: what is the expiration date on the top right; I see July 08 but year?
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

Post by BrokenThrone »

Wally,

Should be 2018.

I got in touch with navionics and she laughed at me. Lol. She said it's a region card so I don't pick individual lakes I guess and all lakes are already loaded. I just have to plug the card into my unit. I'm still waiting for my unit to arrive so I'll confirm that when it gets here. Does this make sense to you?

Thanks
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyandre »

Yes
You still can update it
Christian Gervais
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Christian Gervais »

This card comes preloaded but you can update it during one year. I prefer have a car that is not completely full so having lakes in BC or that I will never go will not be present on the card. But yes, this card can be updated.

The next question will be if you see the 1' contours when you insert the card. You might not see them.

Chris
BrokenThrone
Participant
Participant

Post by BrokenThrone »

Chris

Thanks. Yeah it looks like I got them and sonar maps as well. I was worried for a bit but it seems to be gtg. Now for my water test tomorrow with the Ulterra on it. Looks like the helix unit is picking it up fine in the garage right now. I am blown away by the tech. I just want to sleep in the boat in the garage tonight and immediately hit the water when the light is up!