Muskrat Lake bass from a canoe

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
thegillimonster
Participant
Participant

Muskrat Lake bass from a canoe

Post by thegillimonster »

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are going to try our luck this weekend in Muskrat Lake out in Renfrew county. We will be fishing from a canoe. I have the lake maps but I'm not sure where to relate to, given that the contours are so starkly different on each side of the lake. Should we stay on the south, lighter sloping side or the northern cliff side?

Thank you all!
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Muskrat Lake bass from a canoe

Post by Mick »

depends what you want

the south side is generally lmb country but if you are looking for smb you'll have better luck on the north side
thegillimonster
Participant
Participant

Post by thegillimonster »

Thanks!

Preferably either more fish or easier to find fish. I'm trying to show my girlfriend that fishing is actually fun! I found a spot in the Ottawa (we live downtown Ottawa) where she can pull out little quarter pounders over and over but nowhere that she can consistently find anything bigger at all. Any recommended techniques in Muskrat this time of year?
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by curls »

thegillimonster wrote:Thanks!

Preferably either more fish or easier to find fish. I'm trying to show my girlfriend that fishing is actually fun! I found a spot in the Ottawa (we live downtown Ottawa) where she can pull out little quarter pounders over and over but nowhere that she can consistently find anything bigger at all. Any recommended techniques in Muskrat this time of year?
Muskrat has been fishing REAL tough for the mostpart this season.
If you want numbers of fish and mostly 1.9#'ers (with a few much bigger thrown in), try White Lake. There are a number of launches on the lake so find the area you want to fish and launch nearby.
Plus if you tip the canoe, White Lake is a million times cleaner than Muskrat. :lol: