Arnprior Head Pond

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Arnprior Head Pond

Post by Shaun_300 »

My brother and I are going to hit the head pond in Arnprior and see if we can get a muskie or two. He's fished it and knows a few target spots, I was just wondering if anyone here has done good with muskie on that body of water. Will report back later!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Arnprior Head Pond

Post by smitty55 »

Make sure all your stuff is securely locked up. Those poo poo thieves are still up to their old tricks at both launches.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

Fish any weeds you see.

Just to add to Smitty,if parking at Baskin launch/ Boeing launch, make sure nothing in your car/truck is visible, make sure they can see right down to the floor mats, and hopefully they don't want those.
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Post by Shaun_300 »

Well we didn't get anything, trolled and casted up an inlet on the east side of the river. Marked lots of fish but they just weren't in the mood I guess! Couldn't believe the depth of that river. Even the narrow inlet was 30+ feet in places.

We launched by the airport, wasn't aware of the thieves! But my brother always locks his truck up.
walleye assassin
Participant
Participant

Post by walleye assassin »

I have had success catching muskie on the head pond even though they aren't my target species. biggest one being 48 inches so far. Usually end up catching them trolling using walleye divers in 15 to 20 feet of water Just outside of weed beds near the launch and the pakenham side of the river as well.