Mississippi in Almonte

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Mississippi in Almonte

Post by Shaun_300 »

Been out quite a bit lately and learning what these fish like and don't like! Catching quite a few walleye right in the bay in Appleton and on the last straight stretch before Appleton coming from Almonte. Usually between 12 and 20 feet of water jigging with a white mister twister and white jig head tipped with a worm. Last time out I caught a beauty 3 pound largemouth on topwater, as well as a 2 pound pike.

If anyone sees me out come on over and say gidday. Also would love to have some company if anyone in the area wants to get out for a fish!
Shaun_300
Participant
Participant

Re: Mississippi in Almonte

Post by Shaun_300 »

Been out a number of times and have done well everytime. Been catching a lot of smaller pike <2lbs on top water which is always fun, a couple really nice largemouth between 3 and 4 pounds and also a few smallies. Water level is dropping though, really got to watch it if you put in at the fairgrounds in Almonte. that first stretch between the launch and the 3 bottles up stream gets VERY shallow. May have to start going to Appleton to put in if it gets any lower. Last time out I wasn't sure if I was going to make it, there was just over a foot of water and it was moving fast. On the way back I just turned the motor off and let the current take me til it hit 3 feet or so.