Fishing here !

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Aquaticdude

Fishing here !

Post by Aquaticdude »

Last edited by Aquaticdude on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Kawartha Lakes... Disappointed with the Fishing here !

Post by CCLad »

I haven't fished the Kawartha's much but (you said --> "The over fishing is insane. I was renting a cottage right on Sturgeon outside of Fenelon.
There was an Asian dude in one cottage fishing Walleye out right at ice out during the Spawn.")

I hope you called the MNR...

I have read that Quinte has been producing very well this year, not that far of a drive for ya...
Good luck CCLad.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Hope this doesn't come off too strong, but it's not our fishery, you just seem very challenged when it comes to fishing. Might want to take on some other hobby.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
whoodatguy
Participant
Participant

Post by whoodatguy »

How much you want for the boat?
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

By reading this post, you sound like a somewhat capable fisherman... You might just need a helping hand, hire a guide ( a competent one )
That will help you be successful, you're fishing highly pressured lakes, there's more finest needed.

Good luck, stay positive
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

That sucks, very frustrating.... Rented a cottage over @ Chandos for a week over a 4-5 summers. Fishing was not hot but we were catching Pike and Bass. Saw some people catching lakers as well.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Where is "Back Home" for you?

Fishing hasn't been great this year on account of all of the rain but I have managed to catch way more than you and have only been out on average once a week. Granted, I am close to Ottawa and have had no experience on the lakes you are talking about.
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Post by Hank Jr »

I saw your post on the Kawartha Lake board you had plenty of replies there . My son and I are from PA we have been fishing the Kawartha's since 1990 some years 4 or 5 weeks on different lakes . We have stayed on Sturgeon over 30 of those trips . We are Muskie fisherman and always managed to catch our share on our trips . I agree the boat traffic and jet skiers are getting worst over the years but there are still fish to catch in these lakes . If you want some tips on what to use or where to fish send me a PM I'll try to help you out . My son and I are coming up the end of the month for our trip this year . Good Luck
spyman48
Participant
Participant

Post by spyman48 »

Just came back from a week in that area. Only managed one musky, but the bass fishing was fantastic. Didn't really try for walleye, but did catch a few in the weeds on senkos, so I'm guessing the walleye fishing is probably pretty good as well. Maybe do a bit of research and try some new techniques as your home way of fishing doesn't seem to work in the Kawartha lakes. A simple wacky rigged senko and a white spinnerbait should get you all kinds of bass, worm harness and a bottom bouncer for the walleye and a musky killer mepps for the ski on any of the lakes in that area.
Aquaticdude

Fishing here !

Post by Aquaticdude »