Trophy brook trout fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tomasz20
Participant
Participant

Trophy brook trout fishing

Post by tomasz20 »

Amazing views, rapids and big trophy brook trout highlight the gorgeous God's River located in Northern Manitoba. 23.5 inch, 22,5, 22, 20.5 and 20 inch brook trout are the highlights of this video. We mostly use shallow divers such as a xraps or small spoons such as little cleos. We cast into the fast rapids and work around each boulder and eddy. The God's River is easily accessible from Elk Island Lodge. A scenic flight on the beaver makes the day at the river that much more of an experience. Thank you for watching
Lenny
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Trophy brook trout fishing

Post by Lenny »

Nice fish! How were the guides? I've heard mixed reviews and some horror stories. One review I read said the guide was so drunk he passed out driving the boat and they almost crashed!

Also are they all catch and release? Seems a shame to let the one at 2:52 go since it was belly up.
tomasz20
Participant
Participant

Re: Trophy brook trout fishing

Post by tomasz20 »

hahah, I was the guide, at Elk island lodge we are not allowed to drink. And the one at 2:52 got a bit of a concussion when I dropped it as I was falling in the fast river. but it is all catch and release, I wish it wouldn't be, and we could keep a dead one, the brook trout are very fragile and often die when guests drop them or rip theirs gills.