Naming of Locations on Fish-Hawk

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

Big Bass 444 wrote:Everything I have posted on here in the past year or 2 was done with a purpose or had a meaning that had to do with the content of this site in the Fishing Talk section. Some may have been able to see these reasons or meaning ...others not...but they where never stated by myself.

Mr Jackson did put is finger on one aspect of it though. I choose to name the lakes and Rivers I fished all the time including one of the so called ''X" lake in this case... and I don't see why not. I had the privilege to be invited by a friend at work to one of these X lake. Nobody can clame the rights to fish or to own any lake exclusively including one of the X lake series. Again, I do believe the lake in question is safe and it good hands because it is private and well kept. If a fellow Hawkers gives me the right or the privilege to fish a special lake and ask me to keep it a secret....I will do just that. This was not the case in my previous and recent post.
I still believe there was another reason why it was named X all that time.

Yan Rochon
Well Yan Rochon, no matter what the "meaning or purpose" of this post was, it was still a GUTLESS move.

Fine and dandy that you always name the lakes or rivers in your reports, just don't be naming them in other peoples reports when you know damn well the guy is trying to hide the name.

A move like that is a move typical of the type of guy that would stab a buddy in the back to put himself ahead..

Rather than saying RJ got part of your reasoning why don't you just post the entire reason behind your gutless move today.

I am a reasonable person but I see no reason behind this.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Mr. Jackson?...my Dad?... :lol:

While I may have hit the reasoning....I still don't see the need for it.
fatluke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fatluke »

RJ wrote:..I still don't see the need for it.
Oh there is need and meaning. We are just not "el33t" enough to know.

Like anything this guy does it has meaning and reason, unfortunately most of us knumbskulls (my self included) just don't get it.

My best would be it has something to do with his quest to put more logos on his shirt. How this would help, I just don't know, but again, there is a method to the madness.
catfishHunter
Participant
Participant

Post by catfishHunter »

PMs for names if you feel like naming, that should be the appropriate way.
Or take a FHawker to YOUR lake, if they name it, I suggest letting the community know so they get black listed.

Just b/c this community is overall very good at sharing (a direct result is me actually catching trout), doesn't mean the people who read the forums will respect catch limits, your privacy, etc.

We really do have a wealth of lakes in the Ottawa are (ON, QC, heck even NY,VT for bass with a slight accent) so there is always a spot to find, but yeah when you find one it is nice to keep it a secret and share with few people. :wink:
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

here are the lakes I have feeshed. May have left some out bit not on purpose- old age

big rideau
charleston,
mississippi
newboro
dog/cranberry
the ottawa
morrisburg
st francis
lake clear
muskrat
white lake
headpond
burnstown
clayton/taylor
calabogie
constant
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

RJ wrote:Mr. Jackson?...my Dad?... :lol:

Your dad is micheal jackson???????????
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

Memo to BigBass 444....

1. You just shot yourself in the foot ..'' Bigtime ''

2. Your not scoring any Brownie Points in my books

3. It was a Totally Uncalled for / Sign of No Class / No reason whatsoever / Gutless / Senseless / Lack of better judgement / Decision you made in naming one of our Lake X's

Very Bizzare to say the Least..Actually kind of Idiotic !!!!!!
Mudpout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mudpout »

Im mostly a silent lurker here popping in my 2 cents once in a while but from what i can tell BA and 24/7 seem like some good peeps, heck 24/7 even put pics up of his lucky lures. If i were in either of there places i would be right ticked off. Having your own secret little lake like that is priceless. I spend hours upon hours between google earth, my gps and my quad looking for little gems like this and have only really found one so far. If i were to see it poste here I'd puke!

well i hope this blows over for you guys and the privacy and lack of access of the lake will keep it safe.
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

Seriously people? theres onl 5,000+ members on here and barely 10% active. Not all of us need to fish your lake. I have honestly had better fishing at petrie than on some lakes this year. Better fishing as I have never not caught a fish there any day I have gone.

Grow up. Its not your lake.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

HaZarD wrote:. Not all of us need to fish your lake. I have honestly had better fishing at petrie

. Better fishing as I have never not caught a fish there any day I have gone.

Are you Retarded or something?????
gkilla
Participant
Participant

Post by gkilla »

HaZarD wrote:Seriously people? theres onl 5,000+ members on here and barely 10% active. Not all of us need to fish your lake. I have honestly had better fishing at petrie than on some lakes this year. Better fishing as I have never not caught a fish there any day I have gone.

Grow up. Its not your lake.
I hardly ever post on here but I have to say that I agree with HaZard on this one. It's no ones lake period. Oh look! I google mapped a lake on the Quebec side and it turned out to be someones' Lake X....
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

"Three can keep a secret, If two are dead"
Benjamin Franklin
HaZarD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by HaZarD »

Bass Addict wrote:
HaZarD wrote:. Not all of us need to fish your lake. I have honestly had better fishing at petrie

. Better fishing as I have never not caught a fish there any day I have gone.

Are you Retarded or something?????
That fishing at petrie comment was about my lake experiences BA. I havent been too your lake and If I did it would be for sport only not for keeps. So put your claws away please.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

gkilla wrote: It's no ones lake period....

Who ever said it was '' Someone's '' Lake..????????????

Judging by some comments on this thread , I guess 24/7 and I are the only ones on Fish-Hawk who don't name their Lakes....give out the type of lure the fish were biting on..the dept the fish were holding at......water temp.....type of structure.....what pound test we were using etc etc.. :roll:
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

See what happens when you go fishing for the day?

I missed the entire spit storm!

Damn... now I have to weed through all of today's posts and find out when and why the scat ended up in the bed.

Guess where I fished today?

Give you a hint; It was mentioned in this thread... !!

Craig