Constance Bay and beyond Channel Markers

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
IFish
Participant
Participant

Constance Bay and beyond Channel Markers

Post by IFish »

Are the channel markers up now? I was up there last week and didn't see any. Are they put out or did they just get lost?

Was thinking of boating up to the dam tomorrow...
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Constance Bay and beyond Channel Markers

Post by troutnmuskiehunter »

IFish wrote:Are the channel markers up now? I was up there last week and didn't see any. Are they put out or did they just get lost?

You must of been lost :shock: ......the channel markers stay in the water year round and haven't moved :shock: :?
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

I came up from Dunrobin and went into the bay. Isn't there normally markers out from the point and shallows coming upstream? I'm sure I remember some real 'Coastguard style' markers there. Not even a week ago there weren't any.

I'm saying coming upstream from dunrobin and if I wanted to make a left turn I remember a marker. I also remember a marker on the right (Quebec) side. They were not there. The water has not dropped that much since I was there.
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

troutnmuskiehunter wrote:
IFish wrote:Are the channel markers up now? I was up there last week and didn't see any. Are they put out or did they just get lost?

You must of been lost :shock: ......the channel markers stay in the water year round and haven't moved :shock: :?
Have you seen them yourself? Or am I just blind? Seriously, within the last week I boated up to Constance Bay... no markers. The water level hasn't gone down that much.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

I don't know where you are looking!!!!......I can see them right now from my deck!!!....green marker is on the left, red marked on the right...
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

IFish wrote:

Have you seen them yourself? Or am I just blind? Seriously, within the last week I boated up to Constance Bay... no markers. The water level hasn't gone down that much.
I think TMH knows what he's talkin about considering he can look out his window and see them...

It's quite Ironic how you are yappin' on another thread about how everyone should be wary and see everything around them... yet here you are boating and can't even see large green and red markers.... :roll:
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

IFish wrote:

I think TMH knows what he's talkin about considering he can look out his window and see them...

It's quite Ironic how you are yappin' on another thread about how everyone should be wary and see everything around them... yet here you are boating and can't even see large green and red markers.... :roll:
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

Actually... :shock: you don't have a clue! I don't know why I didn't say this earlier. You speak from the past but I speak the now. Well as of exactly of last friday anyway. Last friday I boated up to the Constance Bay Store to rent a movie. The markers were not there. And the water has not dropped enought to make them visible if they were there.

So as of last week... they were not there. If they're there now its because they were put there.
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

IFish wrote:

Actually... :shock: you don't have a clue! I don't know why I didn't say this earlier. You speak from the past but I speak the now. Well as of exactly of last friday anyway. Last friday I boated up to the Constance Bay Store to rent a movie. The markers were not there. And the water has not dropped enought to make them visible if they were there.

So as of last week... they were not there. If they're there now its because they were put there.
Sorry dude, but you are the one that's clueless....THE MARKERS DO NOT GET PULLED OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Where did you get the "speaking of the past" from????.......I've lived here on the river for 11yrs now and they haven't moved!!.....I've been out in my boat since opener for walleye THIS YEAR, and the markers are in the same place they have always been!!!......you'll see one red buoy past the lighthouse on the island across from Baskin's Beach....then you'll see a second red marker on the right and then the green one on the left across from the tip of Horseshoe Bay.....Good thing the water was high when you came by here to rent a movie because if it wasn't you'd have no lower unit left on your motor.... :oops: :lol: :roll:
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

You say the channel markers stay in the water year round?

I seriously doubt that. For one... last week I didn't see them. For two... I don't see how they could withstand the power of the ice.

The ice moves the biggest slabs of rock on my property... by far bigger than any channel marker or any chain could handle.

You know what? I think you didn't even take a look when you said they were there and are kept there year round because I think they aren't. I don't see how a marker can stay there over the winter and withstand the ice.

Actually I know they can't... its called common sense. The ice would break any chain. Actually... I know its not common sense. I do know you have it though... you just didn't look. Common sense isn't as common as it should be.

You have it... but didn't look this time. A lot of people could look all day and still not have a clue... (ie. some plumbers and some mechanics on this site).
troutnmuskiehunter
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

IFish wrote:You say the channel markers stay in the water year round?

I seriously doubt that. For one... last week I didn't see them. For two... I don't see how they could withstand the power of the ice.

The ice moves the biggest slabs of rock on my property... by far bigger than any channel marker or any chain could handle.

You know what? I think you didn't even take a look when you said they were there and are kept there year round because I think they aren't. I don't see how a marker can stay there over the winter and withstand the ice.

Actually I know they can't... its called common sense. The ice would break any chain. Actually... I know its not common sense. I do know you have it though... you just didn't look. Common sense isn't as common as it should be.

You have it... but didn't look this time. A lot of people could look all day and still not have a clue... (ie. some plumbers and some mechanics on this site).
Go back to sleep Mr. Know-it-all common sense guy.....I'm going fishing!!
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

How much are they sticking out of the water? I boated up from D.Rob. and then headed into the bay for the 'firelane'... or the access lane 100 yard from the store.

Last week I saw nothing. I looked... they weren't there.

Okay, lets suppose they were there... how do they whethee the ice? When the ice moves slabs that break my come-along chains I have trouble believing that these markers stay there all year.
JimmyBuffett
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by JimmyBuffett »

Ahhh... now the puzzle is getting put together... mr dunrobin shores rich stuff... make sure your runabout is up and out of the water when I troll past your property at 7mph :wink: TTFN
Chevy Champagne
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Chevy Champagne »

Go back to sleep Mr. Know-it-all common sense guy.....I'm going fishing!!
thats the steve i think we all know 8)
as for the markers
YES THEY STAY IN ALL YEAR ROUND '
i dont know how they stay there but they do when i go ice fishing on the sled alot of times going to the shack i can see the tips of some pointing out
i dont know why you would be arguing with someone who as lived on the water for 11 years and has been fishing the river for im sure alot more than that if you dont know what your talking about keep your mouth closed instead of arguing
hahah my little rant
and by the way i was out yesterday and i saw them 8)
IFish
Participant
Participant

Post by IFish »

Ted Takayaki wrote:

Ahhh... now the puzzle is getting put together... mr dunrobin shores rich stuff... make sure your runabout is up and out of the water when I troll past your property at 7mph :wink: TTFN

Well last week, no markers were visible bud... the Ottawa drops like 3-4 feet from spring. Your last comment shows your character... specifically your lack of character. What... is that a threat of some kind to my boat?