Lurker Surfaces

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Panfisher
Participant
Participant

Lurker Surfaces

Post by Panfisher »

G'day,

I read the message about lurkers a little while back and thought I would introduce myself. I have been registered for a while but haven't been very active until lately.

I live downtown and thought I would check out Victoria Island. Maybe tomorrow.

Good luck and good fishin'!!

Boatless
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bottoms Up »

Hey boatless..... Welcome to the board, great bunch here and everyone seems really helpfull !

Tight Lines
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Welcome, Boatless. I would guess your name indicates you fish mostly from shore. 8)

Glad to have ya!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Hey Boatless welcome aboard.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Welcome lad! :)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Hey Boatless, I'll probably be at Victoria island tonight around 6, Make sure you come and say hello. Make sure you go on ontario side not on the island. You have to get to the parking that is below the heating plant. Little tricky to get there. head north on Bronsonto almost the end of it. Hang a left on Albert but then you have to go to the right lane right away and take the the road on the right. down that road and take a right you'll see where the road goes under an overpass just take that road and go to the end of it in the parking lot goes to the far end of it and you'll see vehicles there we will be sitting on the benches right beside the river.

See u tonight
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Fishhawk »

Hey Boatless - glad to see you're starting to participate. Boatless is better than Fishless - I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

I'd like to take a second to point out that there is nothing wrong with lurkers - absolutely nothing at all.

I just hope there are no anglers who desperately want to post something but don't for some reason. That would be a shame.

cheers
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
phitty
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by phitty »

Welcome. When Ive gone to Vic Island I just park in the Natl archives/library parking lot. Its off Wellington just before you get to the lights (Wellington/bridge/Parkway).

Last night I got in about 30 min, the biggest challenge was the stupid "fluff" that was piling up on the water. It was dandelion I think but it would get caught into big bunches and jam in your line guides and all over your line.

I did get one, about 5 lbs though.

P.
Pints
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Pints »

Hi Boatless, welcome to the board, I will be fishing for cats at Victoria Island this evening, should be there about 6:00 pm. You are welcome to join me there.
Panfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Panfisher »

I was thinking of delaying my trip until Thursday but will try to get out tonight. I thought I might try get more sleep tonight but sleep tends to be overrated.

Thanks for the welcome.

Boatless
(I'll be the guy with the hat)
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Hey Pints I'll see you there tonight, Like Phitty said the Fluffies that float on the water will make you swear it keeps bunchignup at the tip of the rod and just jams up everything. Hopefully the wind blows the other way. On Sunday night I'm sure that some people around me leaned a few French Words that I wouldn't dare mention on a family oriented site. ha why not #@$%$%$% @-&&^%^$ &*(&*%E$%T&^$ Sorry couldn't resist to the temptation.

WB aka Dan
When hell freezes over, I'll be there icefishing!!!

If you can't stand behind our troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again
Panfisher
Participant
Participant

Post by Panfisher »

Had a curve ball thrown at me today and ended up looking at an apartment tonight. The worst part, I decided I didn't like it before I finished the tour.

I'll try for Thursday.

Thanks again for the reception.

Boatless