Hanging with Slushpuppy & Bowzog

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Hanging with Slushpuppy & Bowzog

Post by wolfe »

With a few last minute PM's, Slushy, Bowzog and my family managed to get together for a day on Wolfe Lake while we were up last week.

(Click images to enlarge)

Mental images of impressing my guests with walleyes & pike danced in my head. I must have had a faulty synapse though, because what we actually found were mostly rockbass. :lol: It's like asking your dog to do tricks for company; it'll never happen! **sigh**..... :roll:

Slushy did manage the one and only walleye; although small, it was at the end of the visit and we were pretty pleased to just lay eyes on one. :roll:

I coaxed out the scrawniest, sickest pike I've ever seen. He was long enough, but this fella had seen better days, and I wonder if the stress of capture put the final nail in his coffin. He swam off briskly enough, but he was one pathetic creature.

The best fight came from this hefty rockbass, which I was sure was a walleye. Told Slushy & Gord: "this one has some weight!" -- well, I guess that was true enough, but I took a ribbing when a rocky came boatside.

We had a lot of laughs & had some burgers together (yes, Slushy, we Americans eat baked beans on days other than Saturday :wink: ); and Tiny Torpedo really enjoyed his time in the boat with you as well. Thanks for the great lures for the kids, guys. They really liked adding them to their tackle boxes.

Here's a pic of Ty and Bowzog; (Ty's rocky was bigger, so Bowzog was pouting :wink: ).

Thanks also for making the drive from Stittsville to Westport. It was great to see you both again and to have a little catch-up and fishing. Maybe NEXT time we'll find you some game fish!!!

W.
Last edited by wolfe on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

Thanks for posting these Wolfe! Maybe you should black-out the boathouse in the background of some of those pics, wouldn't want to give up the secret rock bass spot! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Yes, it was a great time. We had so much fun we didn't want to leave. Baked beans with barbecued hamburgers, who knew!

Thanks for letting us hang with you for the day. It was awesome, can't wait to do it again soon!

8) 8) 8)
mdej
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mdej »

Thats a good report, with great pics.

Nothing wrong with rockbass, its better then nothing... just wish they were not so lazy and fought a little better, cause then they would be a better catch.

Looks like you got into some fish at least.
BBRich
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BBRich »

Well when Bowzog told me we'd one day chat about the finer points of rock bass angling I didnt think he was serious! :lol:

Great report, you know I'm a sucker for the world's greatest sportfish - rock bass! :wink: :lol: :lol:
winder
Participant
Participant

Post by winder »

Looks like a great time.
Too bad only the rock bass were biting.
At least you caught something.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

I'll tell you what I have newfound respect for: the ferocious, fighting SLAB sunfish! :lol: If they grew bigger, can you imagine the battle to land them? :lol:

With regard to the humble and prolific rockbass: they are a dime a dozen; but not too rarely on Wolfe we'll boat one around 11-12". Now those are a kick!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Man, we had areally great time with you folks! :D and, I'll tell ya, those Rockies are a real hoot on ulralight gear! :lol: :lol: Can't wait to do it again!! :D :) 8)
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

:o

Thanks for the great read Wolfe :P You guys hooked into a little bit of everything! WTG!
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

:D :D

Nothing but smiles everywhere, ....that's always a good sign, ..... 8)

Great pics and great fish....... :roll: ......well, ....the pics are great for sure... :lol:

The main thing, ....everyone had a fun time..... :D

I think that pike could have used some of them baked beans..... :lol: :wink:
trexellunge
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by trexellunge »

Looks like you guys had fun. Nice pics :) .
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice pics there wolfe yes those sun fish are just as fun as game fish.